Roger I. Glass, M.D., Ph.D., has served as the Director of the Fogarty International Center and Associate Director for International Research at NIH since 2006.
Articles by Dr. Roger I. Glass
As we prepare to welcome attendees to Washington for the first-ever U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit, we at Fogarty and NIH are excited to explore new collaborations that could improve health, strengthen research capacity and spur economic development across the African continent.
Together, we have made great progress over the past three decades in combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, TB and other infectious diseases. More recently, we've begun to study how to address the rising tide of noncommunicable diseases striking Africa as its population ages. I am truly excited at the possibility that our discussions during this summit will spur more cutting-edge health innovations and fruitful partnerships.
More Opinion Pieces
More Articles and Other News
- Fogarty Director Dr. Roger I. Glass named Public Health Person of the Week by MPHProgramsList.com - December 10, 2012
- Dr Roger I. Glass presents keynote address at University of Michigan School of Public Health 2012 All-School Symposium [Video] - October 8, 2012
- Ending Preventable Child Death in a Generation, JAMA online, June 13, 2012
- The Neonatal Rotavirus Vaccine Project (Strain 116E) Rotavac: A Brief Review for the 25th Anniversary of the Indo-US Vaccine Action Program (VAP)
- Glass Honored for Global Health Contributions - NIH Record, May 2012
- Webcast > Diarrheal Diseases: deadly events by Fogarty Director Dr. Roger I. Glass and Dr. Mark Donowitz of Johns Hopkins, April 10, 2012
- Roger Glass named recipient of the 2012 Programme for Global Paediatric Research Award for Outstanding Contributions to Global Child Health - January 6, 2012
- Building developing country capacity is key in the battle against HIV/AIDS, Breakthroughs, a blog by the Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC), December 1, 2011
- Government-University Partnerships for Global Health - Session from the 2011 Consortium of Universities in Global Health Conference, November 14, 2011
- National Institute of Health Role in Global Health [Video] - Interview on Global Health TV, November 14, 2011
- Lessons From the US Rotavirus Vaccination Program - JAMA, October 19, 2011
- A Major Environmental Cause of Death [PDF, <1K], Science, October 14, 2011
- Accelerating progress on non-communicable diseases - The Lancet, September 19, 2011
- Fogarty director on UN summit on NCDs for State Department - September 6, 2011
- Gaps in Research - GLOBAL HEALTH Magazine, Winter 2011
- Real-world impact of rotavirus vaccination – Pediatric Infectious Diseases, January 30, 2011
- Developing Health Workforce Capacity in Africa - Science, December 3, 2010
- PubMed Citations for Roger I. Glass, M.D., Ph.D.
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from the Adobe's website.