Roger I. Glass, M.D., Ph.D., has served as the Director of the Fogarty International Center and Associate Director for International Research at NIH since 2006.
Articles by Dr. Roger I. Glass
As we mark the 10th anniversary of Fogarty's efforts to encourage medical students and young scientists to pursue a career in global health, it's a useful time for reflection. What started as a small program that sent about 20 medical students a year to a developing country for hands-on research experience has now blossomed beyond our wildest dreams.
This year, more than 80 U.S. and foreign fellows will carry out research projects in 24 low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The initial group largely had experience in infectious diseases and joined research projects focused primarily on HIV/AIDS, malaria or tuberculosis. Now our participants run the gamut from geneticists to infectious disease docs, and
More Opinion Pieces
More Articles and Other News
- Fogarty Director Dr. Roger I. Glass named Public Health Person of the Week by MPHProgramsList.com - December 10, 2012
- Dr Roger I. Glass presents keynote address at University of Michigan School of Public Health 2012 All-School Symposium [Video] - October 8, 2012
- Ending Preventable Child Death in a Generation, JAMA online, June 13, 2012
- The Neonatal Rotavirus Vaccine Project (Strain 116E) Rotavac: A Brief Review for the 25th Anniversary of the Indo-US Vaccine Action Program (VAP)
- Glass Honored for Global Health Contributions - NIH Record, May 2012
- Webcast > Diarrheal Diseases: deadly events by Fogarty Director Dr. Roger I. Glass and Dr. Mark Donowitz of Johns Hopkins, April 10, 2012
- Roger Glass named recipient of the 2012 Programme for Global Paediatric Research Award for Outstanding Contributions to Global Child Health - January 6, 2012
- Building developing country capacity is key in the battle against HIV/AIDS, Breakthroughs, a blog by the Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC), December 1, 2011
- Government-University Partnerships for Global Health - Session from the 2011 Consortium of Universities in Global Health Conference, November 14, 2011
- National Institute of Health Role in Global Health [Video] - Interview on Global Health TV, November 14, 2011
- Lessons From the US Rotavirus Vaccination Program - JAMA, October 19, 2011
- A Major Environmental Cause of Death [PDF, <1K], Science, October 14, 2011
- Accelerating progress on non-communicable diseases - The Lancet, September 19, 2011
- Fogarty director on UN summit on NCDs for State Department - September 6, 2011
- Gaps in Research - GLOBAL HEALTH Magazine, Winter 2011
- Real-world impact of rotavirus vaccination – Pediatric Infectious Diseases, January 30, 2011
- Developing Health Workforce Capacity in Africa - Science, December 3, 2010
- PubMed Citations for Roger I. Glass, M.D., Ph.D.
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from the Adobe's website.