Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
Lawton L. Chiles International House, Conference Room, NIH Campus
8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.
8:30 A.M. – 9:45 A.M.
Advisory Board Review of FIC Applications
Review Subcommittee Chair and Dr. Roger Glass
9:45 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
10:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. – 11:20 A.M.
The Interactions of Malnutrition & Enteric Infections: Consequences for Child Health and Development (MAL-ED)
Dr. Mark Miller, Director, Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies
11:20 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
Center for Global Health Studies
Nalini Anand, Advisor, Public-Private Partnerships and Legislative Affairs and Acting Director, Center for Global Health Studies, FIC
12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.
1:30 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.
FIC Communications Strategy
Ann Puderbaugh, Communications Director, FIC
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Closing Remarks and Adjourn
Discussants and Invited Guests
- Dr. James Anderson, Director, Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives, NIH
- John Burklow, Associate Director for Communications, NIH
- Patrick Kelley, Director, Board of Global Health, Institute of Medicine
- Jenna Mills, Communications Manager, Foundation for NIH
- Eric Porterfield, Global Health Communications, UN Foundation
- Aaron Sherinian, Executive Director, Communications and Public Affairs, UN Foundation
- Mary Woolley, President, Research!America
Updated May 2011