COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
September 11, 2012 Advisory Board Meeting Agenda
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
Fogarty Advisory Board Meeting
Lawton L. Chiles International House, Conference Room, NIH Campus
8:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Full Board Review of Applications
Fogarty Director Dr. Roger I. Glass and Subcommittee Chair
9:00 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger I. Glass
- MEPI update from the field – Nelson Sewankambo
- Minority capacity building in global health research – George Hill
- Center for Global Health Studies update – Nalini Anand
10:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
Research Opportunities in the Middle East-North Africa (MENA) Region: Science in Iran
- Dr. Peter Agre, University Professor and Director, Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Dr. Norman P. Neureiter, Acting Director, Center for Science, Technology and Security Policy, Senior Adviser, Center for Science Diplomacy, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Dr. Navid Madani, Research Scientist, Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS
- Dr. Sanford M. Dawsey, Senior Investigator, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Research Group, National Cancer Institute, NIH
12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.
1:30 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Present and Future Directions of the Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI)
- Dr. Peter M. Ndumbe, Programme Area Coordinator, Research, Publications and Library Services / Health Systems and Services Cluster EVIPNet, EDCTP and TDR Focal Point WHO Regional
- Dr. Myat Htoo Razak, Program Officer, Division of International Training and Research, FIC
3:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M.
Closing Comments and Adjourn
Dr. Roger I. Glass
Updated August 23, 2012