COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
September 14-15, 2015 Advisory Board Meeting Open Session Agenda
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
September 14-15, 2015
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
Monday, September 14, 2015
2:30 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.
Director’s Welcoming Remarks
2:45 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Program Concepts: MEPI PI Council, MEPI Continuation
- Dr. Myat Htoo Razak, Program Director, Division of International Training and Research, FIC
3:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Fogarty’s Ebola Related Activities and Concept Proposal
- Dr. Peter Kilmarx, Deputy Director, FIC
- Dr. Cecile Viboud, Staff Scientist, Division of International Epidemiology & Population Studies (DIEPS), FIC
- Dr. Ellis McKenzie, Senior Scientist, RAPIDD Director, DIEPS, FIC
- Dr. Flora Katz, Acting Director, Division of International Training & Research, FIC
4:00 P.M. – 5:15 P.M.
PEPFAR-NCD Project: Enhancing HIV/AIDS Platforms to Address NCDs in Low Resource Settings
- Dr. Nalini Anand, Director, Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation, Director, Center for Global Health Studies, FIC
- Dr. Wafaa El-Sadr, Director, ICAP, Director, Global Health Initiative, Columbia Mailman School of Public Health
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
9:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.
Director’s Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Human Heredity and Health in Africa (H3Africa) Update
- Dr. Eric Green, Director, National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
- Dr. Jennifer Troyer, Program Director, H3Africa, NHGRI
11:00 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.
11:15 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
Indoor Air Pollution/Cookstoves
- Dr. Josh Rosenthal, Senior Scientist, DIEPS, FIC
11:30 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
- Dr. Joel Breman, Senior Scientist Emeritus, FIC
11:45 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.