Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
September 14-15, 2015
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
Monday, September 14, 2015
2:30 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.
Director’s Welcoming Remarks
2:45 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Program Concepts: MEPI PI Council, MEPI Continuation
- Dr. Myat Htoo Razak, Program Director, Division of International Training and Research, FIC
3:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Fogarty’s Ebola Related Activities and Concept Proposal
- Dr. Peter Kilmarx, Deputy Director, FIC
- Dr. Cecile Viboud, Staff Scientist, Division of International Epidemiology & Population Studies (DIEPS), FIC
- Dr. Ellis McKenzie, Senior Scientist, RAPIDD Director, DIEPS, FIC
- Dr. Flora Katz, Acting Director, Division of International Training & Research, FIC
4:00 P.M. – 5:15 P.M.
PEPFAR-NCD Project: Enhancing HIV/AIDS Platforms to Address NCDs in Low Resource Settings
- Dr. Nalini Anand, Director, Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation, Director, Center for Global Health Studies, FIC
- Dr. Wafaa El-Sadr, Director, ICAP, Director, Global Health Initiative, Columbia Mailman School of Public Health
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
9:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.
Director’s Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Human Heredity and Health in Africa (H3Africa) Update
- Dr. Eric Green, Director, National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
- Dr. Jennifer Troyer, Program Director, H3Africa, NHGRI
11:00 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.
11:15 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
Indoor Air Pollution/Cookstoves
- Dr. Josh Rosenthal, Senior Scientist, DIEPS, FIC
11:30 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
- Dr. Joel Breman, Senior Scientist Emeritus, FIC
11:45 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.