Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
May 9, 2017
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- World Economic Forum on Africa, Rob Eiss, Senior Advisor to the Director, FIC
- Center for Global Health Studies (CGHS) Update: Nalini Anand, Director, Division of Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation (DISPPE); Director, CGHS
- SMART Vaccines: Stacey Knobler, Scientific Program Director, Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies (DIEPS)
10:30 A.M. – 10:50 A.M.
10:50 A.M. – 11:10 A.M.
Program Concept: Stigma and HIV/AIDS
- Dr. Geetha Bansal, Program Officer, Division of International Training and Research (DITR), FIC
11:10 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Cracking the Code of Nodding Syndrome in Africa at NIH with CDC
- Dr. Avindra Nath, Chief Section of Infections of the Nervous System, and Clinical Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Program Update: Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training (NCD-Lifespan)
- Introduction: Dr. Kathy Michels, Program Officer, DITR, FIC
- Dr. Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan, Professor of Medicine, American University of Beirut (AUB)
- Dr. Debra Litzelman, Director of Education, Indiana University Center for Global Health
- Dr. Olugbenga G. Ogedegbe, Vice Dean & Chief Medical Officer, NYU College of Global Public Health
- IC Partners: Drs. Stephen Katz (NIAMS), Walter Koroshetz (NINDS), Bill Riley (OBSSR), George Mensah (NHLBI)
2:30 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Updated May 5, 2017