Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
September 12, 2017, 2017
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:15 A.M. – 10:15 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- NIH-Peru Collaboration Meeting
- International AIDS Society (IAS) Symposium
- AFREHealth Symposium
10:15 A.M. – 10:35 A.M.
10:35 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) Update
- Dr. Beverly Pringle, Chief, National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH)
- Dr. René Etcheberrigaray, Deputy Director, Center for Scientific Review (CSR)
- Dr. Seetha Bhagavan, GACD Peer Review Coordinator, CSR’s FIC coordinator
11:00 A.M. – 12:15 P.M.
Supplement: Preventing Childhood Obesity in Latin America: An Agenda for Regional Research and Strategic Partnerships
- Introduction: Ms. Nalini Anand, Director, Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation (DISPPE); Director, Center for Global Health Studies (CGHS)
- Dr. Juan Rivera Dommarco, Founding Director of the Center for Research in Nutrition and Health at the National Institutes of Public Health in Mexico
- Dr. Rafael Perez-Escamilla, Director, Office of Public Health Practice, Yale School of Public Health
- Dr. Michael Pratt, Professor, Institute for Public Health, Department of Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California, San Diego
12:15 P.M. - 1:15 P.M.
1:15 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) and Global Health Research
- Dr. Christopher Austin, Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
- Dr. Anantha Shekar, Associate Vice President of Research for University Clinical Affairs, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Dr. Katey Walsh, Clinical Instructor/ Global Health Research Fellow, Dept. of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, Port-au-Prince, Haiti
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Updated September 1, 2017