COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
September 7, 2018 Advisory Board Meeting Open Session Agenda
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting (Open Session)
September 7, 2018
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- Emerging Global Leader Award (K43) Concept, Dr. Christine Jessup, Division of International Training and Research (DITR), FIC
- African Postdoc Training Initiative, Dr. Peter Kilmarx, Deputy Director, FIC
- Advancing Health Research in Humanitarian Crises, Dr. Amit Mistry, Center for Global Health Studies, FIC
10:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
Thinking about the Global University
- Dr. Myron Cohen, Associate Vice Chancellor for Medical Affairs and Global Health, and Director, Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
10:30 A.M. – 10:50 A.M.
10:50 A.M. - 11:05 A.M.
Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies (DIEPS)
- Household Air Pollution Investigation Network (HAPIN), Dr. Josh Rosenthal
- Biosecurity and Biosafety in Pakistan, Dr. Zeba Rasmussen
11:05 A.M. - 11:40 A.M.
Center for Global Health Studies Projects
- Adolescent HIV Prevention and Treatment Implementation Science Alliance (AHISA), Dr. Rachel Sturke
- HIV/NCD Integration Project: Enhancing HIV/AIDS Platforms to Address NCDs in Low-resource Settings, Dr. Linda Kupfer
11:40 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Fostering Data Powered Health: the NLM Strategic Plan 2017-2027
- Dr. Patricia Brennan, Director, National Library of Medicine
12:00 P.M. - 1:15 P.M.
1:15 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
Fogarty’s HIV Research Training Program: Envisioning the Future
- Dr. Geetha Bansal, Program Officer, DITR
- Dr. Yukari Manabe, Professor of Medicine, International Health and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Johns Hopkins University
Dr. Christine Sekaggya, Post-doctoral fellow, Infectious Diseases Institute Makerere University, Kampala Uganda
- Dr. Babafemi Taiwo, Gene Stollerman Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University
Dr. Jacinta Nwogu, Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ibadan
- Dr. Daniel Fitzgerald, Professor of Medicine and Director, Center for Global Health, Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Vanessa Rouzier, Chief of Pediatrics, GHESKIO, Port au Prince, Haiti
- IC Discussants: Dr. Carl Dieffenbach (NIAID), Dr. Natalie Tomitch (OAR)
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Updated August 24, 2018