COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of February 24, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Innovation for HIV Vaccine Discovery (R01) (RFA-AI-14-006)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 15, 2014
- Prevention Innovation Program (PIP) (R01) (RFA-AI-13-059)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 10, 2014
- Synthetic Psychoactive Drugs and Strategic Approaches to Counteract Their Deleterious Effects (R03) (PA-14-104) and (R21) (PA-14-105)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R21) (PAR-14-013)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): June 30, 2014; October 10, 2014; and more
- Development of Software and Analysis Methods for Biomedical Big Data in Targeted Areas of High Need (U01) (RFA-HG-14-020)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 19, 2014
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Notice: NHLBI Progenitor Cell Biology Consortium (PCBC) - Ancillary/Collaborative Projects 2014 (NOT-HL-14-215)
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Development and Translation of Medical Technologies to Reduce Health Disparities (SBIR) (R43/R44) (RFA-EB-14-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): May 23, 2014; September 23, 2014
AIDS Dates: September 7, 2014; January 7, 2015
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Joint Training in Scientific Manuscript Writing - A five-day intensive writing course designed for early and mid-career medical and life sciences researchers aimed improving their skills in scientific writing and enhance the quality of manuscripts for publication. The course will take place March 31 through April 4, 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application deadline: March 3, 2014
NIH and AHRQ funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish the Reissuance of the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards Announcements:
- Individual Predoctoral Fellows Parent F31 (NOT-OD-14-057)
- Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research Parent F31 - Diversity (NOT-OD-14-060)
- Individual Postdoctoral Fellows Parent F32 (NOT-OD-14-058)
- Individual Senior Fellows Parent F33 (NOT-OD-14-059)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Planning Grants for Alzheimers Disease Translational Centers for Predictive Drug Development (P20) (NOT-AG-14-009)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Accelerating Medicines Partnership Rheumatoid Arthritis/Lupus: Leadership Center (UM2) (NOT-AR-14-013) and (UH2/UH3) (NOT-AR-14-014)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Future Directions for the Science of Behavior Change Common Fund Program (NOT-RM-14-007)
- Request For Information (RFI): Input on The Development of A Novel Drug Screening Program to Be Conducted at NCIs Drug Development Laboratories at The Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (NOT-CA-14-032)
- Request for Information Stem Cell-derived Blood Products for Transfusion (NOT-HL-14-214)
- Notice of FAQs for the Big Data to Knowledge RFA-HL-14-031 "Development of an NIH BD2K Data Discovery Index Coordination Consortium (U24)" (NOT-HG-14-024)
- Notice of Change to Instructions in PAR-14-031 "Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancer for Year 2014 (P50)" (NOT-CA-14-026)
- Notice of NIAAA Participation in: PAR-14-088 "Direct Phase II SBIR Grants to Support Biomedical Technology Development (SBIR R44)" (NOT-AA-14-001) and NOT-AI-14-034 "Request for Information (RFI): Areas of Research Aimed at a Cure or Lifelong Remission of HIV Infection" (NOT-AA-14-002)
- Extension of Expiration Date for PAR-10-168 "AHRQ Small Research Grant Program (R03)" (NOT-HS-14-010)
- Reminder to AHRQ Grantees that FY2009 Funds will expire on September 30, 2014 (NOT-HS-14-011)