COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of January 20, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Reminder: Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) member organizations, including NIH, are soliciting applications on type 2 diabetes with a focus on improving the science around implementation of existing interventions. Researchers can submit applications to NIH through the existing trans-NIH Initiative on Dissemination and Implementation Science for February 2014 due dates.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Saving Lives at Birth: A Grand Challenge for Development from USAID, the Government of Norway, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, and DFID.
Submit question by: February 7, 2014
Applications due: March 27, 2014
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Change of Program Priorities to be Supported by PAR-12-109 Targeting Persistent HIV Reservoirs (TaPHIR) (R21/R33) (NOT-AI-14-023)
- Notice of Expiration of PA-13-042 "Integrated Preclinical/Clinical AIDS Vaccine Development Program (IPCAVD) (U19)" (NOT-AI-14-030)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Sharing Precursors for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) Imaging Agents (NOT-CA-14-014)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on the European Multi-PART (Multicenter Preclinical Animal Research Team) planning effort to generate international preclinical stroke network infrastructure (NOT-NS-14-006)
- Enhancing the Reliability of NIMH-Supported Research through Rigorous Study Design and Reporting (NOT-MH-14-004)
- Notice of Intent to Publish: Mobilizing Research: A Research Resource to Enhance mHealth Research (U2C) (NOT-OD-14-035)
- Notice of Participation of the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) in RFA-AG-14-016 "Plasticity and Mechanisms of Cognitive Remediation in Older Adults (R01)" (NOT-OD-14-042)
- Notice of Clarification on Programmatic Priorities for Using Social Media to Understand and Address Substance Use and Addiction RFA-CA-14-008 (R01) (NOT-CA-14-024) and RFA-CA-14-009 (R21) (NOT-CA-14-025)
- Notice of Correction to the Number of Applications Allowed for PAR-14-041 "Centers for AIDS Research and Development Centers for AIDS Research (P30)" (NOT-AI-14-029)
- Notice of Pre-Application Webinar for RFA-OD-14-001 "Botanical Dietary Supplement Research Centers (P50)" (NOT-OD-14-040)
- Notice of Change in PAR-13-250 NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U44) (NOT-AI-14-022)