COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of March 24, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Translational Research to Help Older Adults Maintain their Health and Independence in the Community (R21) (PA-14-159) and (R01) (PA-14-161)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Core Infrastructure and Methodological Research for Cancer Epidemiology Cohorts (U01) (PAR-14-160)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 8, 2014; November 10, 2014 and more
- Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus Network Research Sites (UH2/UH3) (RFA-AR-14-016) and Network Leadership Center (UM2) (RFA-AR-14-015)
Application Receipt Date(s): May 21, 2014
- Drug and drug product opportunities from FDA:
- Application Receipt Date(s): May 01, 2014
Dissolution Methods for Microsphere and Implant Drug Products (U01) (RFA-FD-14-007)
Semisolid Ocular Drug Products (U01) (RFA-FD-14-008)
- Application Receipt Date(s): June 01, 2014
Characterization of Critical Quality Attributes for Semisolid Topical Drug Products (U01) (RFA-FD-14-010)
Pharmacometric Modeling and Simulation for Generic Drugs Evaluation (U01) (RFA-FD-14-011)
Physiologically Based Absorption and Pharmacokinetic Modeling and Simulation for Non-gastrointestinally Absorbed Drug Products in Humans (U01) (RFA-FD-14-012)
- Modeling Immunity for Biodefense (U19) (RFA-AI-14-028)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 18, 2014
- Atopic Dermatitis Research Network (ADRN) (U19) (RFA-AI-14-033)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 08, 2014
- Limited Competition: Continuation of the Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents and Youth (TODAY) Study (U01) (RFA-DK-14-502)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 19, 2014
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Policy for Managing Conflict of Interest in the Peer Review of Concepts and Proposals for Research and Development Contract Projects (NOT-OD-14-069)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Epigenetic Analysis of Aging as a Risk Factor for Chronic Disease and Degenerative Conditions (U34) (NOT-AG-14-012)
- Notice of Correction to Eligibility of Foreign Components in PA-14-140 "Community Partnerships to Advance Research (CPAR) (R15)" (NOT-NR-14-008)
- Notice of Extension of Eligibility for PA-14-150 "Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral MD/PhD or Other Dual-Doctoral Degree Fellowship (Parent F30)" (NOT-OD-14-072)
- Notice of Pre-Application Webinar for the Center for Advancing Natural Products Innovation and Technology (CANPIT) Funding Opportunity Announcements (NOT-AT-14-003)