COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of May 12, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Global Health News
Important news from focusing on those working in global health and foreign collaboration:
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH Clinical Center Bench-to-bedside Program funds research teams seeking to translate basic scientific findings into therapeutic interventions for patients and to increase understanding of important disease processes. The program encourages intramural-extramural research collaborations.
Extramural researchers, find an intramural partner.
Letter of intent deadline: June 18, 2014
- HIV Vaccine Research and Design (HIVRAD) Program (P01) (PAR-14-206)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 29, 2014
- Center for Inherited Disease Research (CIDR) High Throughput Sequencing and Genotyping Resource Access (X01) (PAR-14-207)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 01, 2017
- Longitudinal Assessment of Post-traumatic Syndromes (U01) (RFA-MH-15-110)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 06, 2014
- Chronic Wounds: Advancing the Science from Prevention to Healing (R01) (RFA-NR-15-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 24, 2014
- Pharmacogenomics Knowledge Base (R24) (RFA-GM-15-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 07, 2014
- NIMHD research on Minority Health and Health Disparities:
Social, Behavioral, Health Services, and Policy Research (R01) (RFA-MD-14-004)
Basic and Applied Biomedical Research (R01) (RFA-MD-14-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 28, 2014
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Novel Technologies for Rapid and Sensitive Biomonitoring in Humans (R43/R44) (RFA-ES-14-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 15, 2014
- NINDS Renewal Awards of SBIR Phase II Grants (Phase IIB):
for Exploratory Clinical Trials and Clinical Research (R44) (PAR-14-208)
for Pre-Clinical Research (R44) (PAR-14-209)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Information related to other opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright exchange activity primarily funded through the U.S. Department of State, brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. Fellowships are available in a variety of public health fields, including policy and management, HIV/AIDS policy and prevention, and substance abuse education, treatment and prevention. Submit applications to the Embassy or Commission for your country. Deadlines vary.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Biomarker Discovery through the Use of Data and Resources Developed by the NINDS Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Program (PDBP) (U01) (NOT-NS-14-027)
- Notice for Correction to Eligibility of Foreign Components in PAR-14-202 "Environmental Contributors to Autism Spectrum Disorders (R21)" (NOT-ES-14-007)
- Notice of Change in Eligibility for PAR-13-358 "Opportunities for Collaborative Research at the NIH Clinical Center (U01)" (NOT-HD-14-015)
- Notice of National Cancer Institute (NCI) Participation in PAR 14-191 Genomic Resource Grants for Community Resource Projects (U41) (NOT-CA-14-034)
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for the NOT-DA-14-005 "Request for Information (RFI): Availability of Data and Samples from Randomized Smoking Cessation Trials" (NOT-DA-14-010)
- Notice of Expiration of PAR-13-087 "National Cooperative Drug Discovery/Development Groups (NCDDG) for the Treatment of Mental Disorders, Drug or Alcohol Addiction (UM1)" (NOT-MH-14-014)
Global Health Research and Research Training eCapacity Initiative
Application deadline: May 15, 2014
International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award
Application deadline: May 22, 2014
International Research in Infectious Diseases, including AIDS
Application deadline: May 22, 2014
Korean Visiting Scientist Training Award for Korean citizens or permanent residents of Korea
Application deadline: May 28, 2014
Fellowships for Japanese Postdoc Researchers at NIH
Application deadline: June 13, 2014
Fogarty HIV Research Training Program
Application deadline for D43, D11 and G11: July 24, 2014
Global Infectious Disease (GID) Research Training Program
Application deadline for D43 and D71: July 29, 2014
Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public Health
Application deadline for Postdoctoral Research Scholars: August 1, 2014
Application deadline for Fellowships: October 14, 2014