COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of September 1, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Administrative Supplements for U.S. - Brazil Biomedical Collaborative Research (PA-14-328)
The parent awards and the proposed administrative supplements must be in areas of cancer, allergy, immunology, and/or infectious diseases (including HIV/AIDS and its co-morbidities). The overall goal of this supplement program is to enhance ongoing research efforts through collaborations with Brazilian scientists in these scientific areas under the new U.S.-Brazil Collaborative Biomedical Research Program.
Application due date: October 23, 2014
Notice of Change in Application Due Date for Hubs of Interdisciplinary Research and Training in Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) RFA-TW-14-001 (U01) (NOT-TW-14-010) and RFA-TW-14-002 (U2R) (NOT-TW-14-011)
Updated Application Due Date: November 19, 2014
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Interdisciplinary Research to Understand the Vascular Contributions to Alzheimer's Disease (R01) (RFA-AG-15-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 03, 2015
- Biomarkers of Alzheimer's Disease in Down Syndrome (R01) (RFA-AG-15-011)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 12, 2015
- Approaches to Eliminate HIV and Opportunistic Pathogens from Oral Reservoirs (R01) (RFA-DE-15-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 21, 2014 and July 28, 2015
- Type 1 Diabetes Complications IMPACT Award (DP3) (RFA-DK-14-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 19, 2015
- Consortium on Beta-cell Death and Survival (HIRN-CBDS) (UC4) (RFA-DK-14-021)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 03, 2015
- Limited Competition for the Continuation of the Hepatitis B Research Network
Application Receipt Date(s): November 25, 2014
- Prevention of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Women
Application Receipt Date(s): November 20, 2014
- Bladder Health Clinical Centers (PLUS-CCs) (U01) (RFA-DK-14-004)
- Bladder Health Scientific and Data Coordinating Center (U01) (RFA-DK-14-018)
- Centers Without Walls for Collaborative Research in the Epilepsies: Developing Disease Modifying or Prevention Therapies (U54) (RFA-NS-15-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 06, 2014
- Limited Competition: Strategic Timing of Antiretroviral Treatment (START) (UM1) (PAR-14-329)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 19, 2014
- Broad Agency Announcement (BAA): Staged Vaccine Development (SVD) NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2014014 (NOT-AI-14-065)
This BAA will be available electronically on or about 9/03/2014 and may be accessed through FedBizOpps.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice: Production, Analysis, and Distribution of Cannabis and Related Materials (NOT-DA-15-038)
RFP No. N01DA-15-7793 will be available electronically on or about September 10, 2014. You will be able to access the RFP through FedBizOpps.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Improving Health through Rehabilitation Robotic Technology (R43/R44) (RFA-HD-15-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 13, 2014
- Tools for Assessment and Improvement of Neurologic Outcomes in Perinatal Medicine (R41) (RFA-HD-15-005) and (R43) (RFA-HD-15-006)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 17, 2014
- Serious STEM Games for Pre-College and Informal Science Education Audiences (SBIR) (R43/R44) (PAR-14-325) and (STTR) (R41/R42) (PAR-14-326)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 12, 2014; May 12, 2015; May 12, 2016
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Ebola research funding initiative from Wellcome Trust: The Emergency Ebola Initiative, which includes contributions from partner funders, will support research that can swiftly begin to investigate new approaches to treating, preventing and containing the disease, during the current epidemic in West Africa. It will also support research into the ethical challenges of testing experimental medicines during epidemics.
African NTD research network: The European Foundations Initiative on Neglected Tropical Diseases (EFINTD) plans to establish an African research network for NTDs. A forum, "Establishing an African network of research scientists working on neglected tropical diseases," will be held October 20-23, 2014, at the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine in Hamburg, Germany, to discuss and review the activities of the network, and explore synergies with other funding organizations. Contact Trudi O'Neill email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy (NOT-OD-14-124)
- Implementation of the NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy for NIH Grant Applications and Awards (NOT-OD-14-111)
- Guidance on Significant Changes to Animal Activities (NOT-OD-14-126)
- Notice of National Biosafety Stewardship Month and Health and Safety Requirements for NIH Grantees (NOT-OD-14-127)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Information Resources for Data-Related Standards Widely Used in Biomedical Science (NOT-CA-14-054)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Gaps in Knowledge Relevant to the National Eye Institute Audacious Goal Initiative (NOT-EY-14-003)
- Request for Information (RFI): Soliciting Comments on Technical Requirements for Optimized Voltage Sensors for Measuring Membrane Potential (NOT-DA-14-028)
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for NOT-HL-14-028 "Request for Information (RFI): Collaborative Translational Research Consortium to Develop T4 Translation of Evidence-based Interventions" (NOT-HL-14-234)
- Notice to Extend the Expiration Date of Systems Science and Health in the Behavioral and Social Sciences PAR-11-315 (R21) (NOT-OD-14-121) and PAR-11-314 (R01) (NOT-OD-14-122)
- Notice of NIBIB's Participation in Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics PA-14-308 (R41/R42) (NOT-EB-14-005) and PA-14-307 (R43/R44) (NOT-EB-14-006)
- NIAMS Policy for Submission of Applications Containing Clinical Trials (NOT-AR-14-021)