COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of September 8, 2014
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Global Brain Disorders Research
AIDS and non-AIDS application receipt dates: January 5, 2015; January 5, 2016; January 5, 2017
Biomedical/Biobehavioral Research Administration Development (BRAD) Award (G11) (PAR-14-333)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 28, 2014, August 19, 2015, August 19, 2016
Note: International program priorities include institutions of higher education in sub-Saharan Africa, India, and low and middle income countries in the Caribbean and South America that meet the eligibility requirements.
Limited Competition: International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Monographs Program (U01) (RFA-CA-14-503)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 18, 2014
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Pediatric Preclinical Testing Consortium: Research Programs (U01) (RFA-CA-14-018)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 13, 2014
- (Re)Building a Kidney Coordinating Center (U01) (RFA-DK-14-009) and (UH2/UH3) (RFA-DK-14-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 14, 2015
- NIMH Career Transition Award for Tenure-Track and Tenured Intramural Investigators (K22) (PAR-14-330)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Participation of NCI and OAR in PA-14-328 "Administrative Supplements for U.S. - Brazil Biomedical Collaborative Research" (NOT-AI-14-067)
- Notice Announcing Updates to NHLBI Topics of Special Interest (TOSI) (NOT-HL-14-236)
- NHLBI Announces Availability of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for RFA-HL-15-012 "Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (PCGC) (UM1)" and RFA-HL-15-013 "Cardiovascular Development Consortium (CvDC) (UM1)" (NOT-HL-14-235)
- Notice of OBSSR's Participation in PAR-13-374 "Modeling Social Behavior (R01)" (NOT-OD-14-123)
- Notice of Change to Application Types Allowed in PAR-13-322 "Methods for Prevention Packages Program III (MP3 III) (R01)" (NOT-AI-14-069)
- Notice for Correction to Eligibility of Foreign Institutions in PAR-13-294 "Advanced Development of Informatics Technology (U24)" (NOT-CA-14-046)
- Notice of Clarification Regarding Application Due Dates in PA-13-388 "Development of Opioid and Adjuvant Fixed Combination Dosage Forms for the Treatment of Chronic Pain with Reduced Addiction Potential (R41/R42)" (NOT-DA-14-045)
- Notice of Correction to NOT-DE-15-008 "NIDCR Policy Regarding Acceptance and Peer Review of Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials and Biomarker Clinical Validation Studies" (NOT-DE-14-009)
- Notice of Corrections to RFA-HS-14-011 "Comparative Health System Performance in Accelerating PCOR Dissemination (U19)" (NOT-HS-14-017)
- Notice to Add Letter of Intent Submission Information to PAR-14-165 "Clinical Studies of Mental Illness Not Involving Treatment Development, Efficacy, or Effectiveness Trials (Collaborative R01)" (NOT-MH-14-032)
- Notice to Inform Potential Applicants to RFA-NS-14-006 "High Impact Neuroscience Research Resource Grants (R24)" of NINDS Policies on Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Development and Resource Sharing (NOT-NS-14-044)