COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of February 23, 2015
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Fulbright-Fogarty Postdoctoral Research Scholars in Public Health promote postdoctoral research in public health in resource-limited settings. Apply to conduct research at Fogarty-affiliated sites in Bangladesh, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Peru, South Africa and Zimbabwe for 2016-2017.
Application deadline: August 3, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Research and Research Conferences on Research Integrity (NOT-OD-15-069)
- Notice of Availability of Administrative Supplements to Extend the Scope and Reach of LINCS Datasets (NOT-RM-15-012)
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- BRAIN Initiative: Optimization of Novel Tools and Technologies for Neuroscience Research (R44) (PAR-15-121)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Other NIH opportunities in the field of global health.
- Health Scientist Administrator at the Office of Global Health at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
Apply by February 26, 2015 using the global Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer) job announcement listed on usajobs.gov.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
Funding concept presented for input from the Fogarty Advisory Board during the February 10, 2015 meeting:
Concept: Non-communicable Diseases and Injury Exploratory Research Grants Program in Low- and Middle-income Countries
Note: Clearance of a concept by Fogarty's Advisory Board does not guarantee it will become an initiative.
- Notice of Extension of the Public Comment Period for NOT-OD-15-019 "NIH Request for Public Comments on the Draft NIH Policy on Dissemination of NIH-Funded Clinical Trial Information" (NOT-OD-15-068)
New Response Date: March 23, 2015
- Reinforcing Service to the Biomedical Research Community (NOT-OD-15-035)
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is now the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) (NOT-AT-15-003)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Sustaining Biomedical Data Repositories (NOT-ES-15-011)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Harmonization Principles to Guide Analyses of MRI-Based Neuroimaging Datasets from Diverse Sources (NOT-MH-15-010)
- Request for Information (RFI): Proposed NIGMS Organizational Change Establishment of a Center for Research Capacity Building (NOT-GM-15-110)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Pediatric Research using Integrated Sensor Monitoring Systems (PRISMS):
Sensor Development Projects for Asthma (U01) (NOT-EB-15-004)
Informatics Technology Platform Center (U54) (NOT-EB-15-005)
Data and Software Coordination and Integration Center (DSCIC) (U24) (NOT-EB-15-006)
- Notice of NIH Participation in the Cyber-Physical Systems Initiative (CPS) (NOT-EB-15-003)
- Notice of Termination of Investigational New Drug (IND)-enabling Development of Medications to Treat Alcohol Use Disorder and Alcohol-related Disorders (UT2) (NOT-AA-15-008) and (U44) (NOT-AA-15-009)