COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of May 18, 2015
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH and CDC funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
CDC Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health Globally
Supports the implementation of programs and activities that focus on protecting and improving health globally through regional, national, and local partnerships. Its purpose is to support immediate response efforts for the current Ebola outbreak, other infectious disease outbreaks or health threats, and Public Health Emergencies of International Concern.
Application due date: June 5, 2015
Administrative Supplements for Research on Dietary Supplements (Admin Supp) (PA-15-258) for eligible NIH grants, including some Fogarty grants
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): October 15, 2015; January 15, 2016; or April 15, 2016, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Provocative Questions (PQ) Initiative; Cancer with an Underlying HIV Infection (R01) (RFA-CA-15-012) and (R21) (RFA-CA-15-013)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 18, 2015; August 18, 2016
- Human Studies to Evaluate Promising Medications to Treat Alcohol Use Disorder (R21) (PA-15-254), (R03) (PA-15-255), and (R01) (PA-15-256)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Structural Birth Defects and of Childhood Cancers: Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program (X01) (PAR-15-259)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 27, 2015
- Development of Measures of Fatigability in Older Adults (R21) (RFA-AG-16-013)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 01, 2015
- Evaluating Quality Metrics for Risk-Based Surveillance of Drug Manufacturing Operations and Facilities (U01) (RFA-FD-15-036)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 02, 2015
- National Centers for Translational Research in Reproduction and Infertility (P50) (RFA-HD-16-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 12, 2015
- Behavioral Interventions to Prevent HIV in Diverse Adolescent Men Who Have Sex with Men (U01) (RFA-MD-15-012)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 15, 2016
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Ethics and Regulatory capacities from the European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) will support sub-Saharan African countries to establish and develop robust national medicines regulatory systems and capacities for ethical review of clinical research and use of medicinal products and technologies for use in humans.
Application deadline: September 26, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of NIAAA's Participation in NIH-PEPFAR Collaboration on Implementation Science for HIV: Towards an AIDS-free Generation (R01) RFA-AI-15-020 (NOT-AA-15-011) and RFA-AI-15-021 (R21) (NOT-AA-15-012)
- Notice of Correction to Eligibility of Foreign Components in RFA-DA-15-007 "Avenir Award Program for Research on Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS (DP2)" (NOT-DA-15-068)
- Notice of Informational Webinar on Biosample Access and Funding Opportunities for Parkinson's Disease Biomarker Discovery (NOT-NS-15-028)