COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of July 6, 2015
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Career development opportunities from Fogarty:
(Detailed answers to frequently asked questions coming soon for both programs.)
New: Fogarty Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Announcement: Emerging Global Leader Award (K43) (PAR-15-292)
Application deadlines: December 16, 2015, December 14, 2016, and December 14, 2017
Reissue: International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for U.S. scientists
Announcement: International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01) (PAR-15-291)
Application deadlines: March 2, 2016, March 2, 2017, and March 7, 2018
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Detection Consortium (U01) (PAR-15-289)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 25, 2015; May 26, 2016; September 21, 2016; and more
- Exploration of the Roles of Brown and Beige Adipose Tissue in Humans (R01) (RFA-DK-15-031)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 09, 2016
- NINDS Morris K. Udall Centers of Excellence for Parkinson's Disease Research (P50) (RFA-NS-16-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 15, 2015
- Networks to Develop Priority Areas of Behavioral and Social Research (R24) (RFA-AG-16-008)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 14, 2016
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Announcement: Comprehensive Resources for HIV Microbicides and Biomedical Prevention (NOT-AI-15-047)
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Direct Phase II SBIR Grants to Support Extended Development, Hardening, and Dissemination of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science (R44) (PAR-15-288)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on NIAID Data Sharing Repository, Immunology Database and Analysis Portal (ImmPort), and Services (NOT-AI-15-045)
- NIH Anticipates Transition to New Research Training Data Table Formats in FY 2016 (NOT-OD-15-112)
- Registration Open for Mobile and Personal Technologies in Precision Medicine Workshop of the Precision Medicine Initiative Working Group of the Advisory Committee to the NIH Director, July 27-28, 2015 (NOT-OD-15-115)
- Notice About Updates to iEdison Regarding Reporting Requirements and Compliance Messages (NOT-OD-15-119)
- Notice of National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) Participation in PAR-15-085 "Predictive Multiscale Models for Biomedical, Biological, Behavioral, Environmental and Clinical Research (U01)" (NOT-AT-15-009)
- Notice of Change in Application Review Cycle Frequency for the Superfund Hazardous Substance Basic Research and Training Program (P42) (NOT-ES-15-018)
- Notice of Change in Types of Applications Allowed for PAR-13-324 "Limited Pilot for NIGMS Legacy Community-Wide Scientific Resources (R24)" (NOT-GM-15-119)
- Notice of Change of Application Due Date and Expiration Date for RFA-HD-16-028 "Non- or Minimally-Invasive Methods to Measure Biochemical Substances during Neonatal and Perinatal Patient Care and Research (R41)" (NOT-HD-15-023)
- Notice of Change to Prematurity-Related Ventilatory Control (Pre-Vent): Role in Respiratory Outcomes
RFA-HL-16-015 Clinical Research Centers (CRC) (U01) (NOT-HL-15-264)
RFA-HL-16-016 Leadership and Data Coordinating Center (LDCC) (U01) (NOT-HL-15-265)
- Notice of Addition of High Throughput Screening to the Scope of PAR-15-070 "IGNITE: Assay Development and Therapeutic Agent Identification and Characterization to Support Therapeutic Discovery (R21/R33)" (NOT-NS-15-031)