COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of July 13, 2015
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- NEWS: New career development program launched for LMIC scientists
- Answers to frequently asked questions for new and reissued Fogarty career development opportunities:
New: Fogarty Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadlines: December 16, 2015, December 14, 2016, and December 14, 2017
FAQs for applicants to Emerging Global Leader Award
Reissue: International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for U.S. scientists
Application deadlines: March 2, 2016, March 2, 2017, and March 7, 2018
FAQs for applicants to International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- HIV-infected Adolescents: Transitioning from Pediatric to the Adult Care Settings (R01) (RFA-HD-16-033) and (R21) (RFA-HD-16-034)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 14, 2016
- Screening and Brief Alcohol Interventions in Underage and Young Adult Populations (R21) (PA-15-294), (R01) (PA-15-295) and (R03) (PA-15-296)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Mechanisms Underlying the Contribution of Type 1 Diabetes Risk Associated Variants (DP3) (RFA-DK-15-025)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 17, 2016
- Secondary Analysis of Existing Databases in Traumatic Brain Injury to Explore Outcomes Relevant to Medical Rehabilitation (R21) (RFA-HD-16-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 30, 2015
- AHRQ Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Clinical Decision Support Learning Network (U18) (RFA-HS-15-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 13, 2015
Note: Foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia.
- Limited Competition: Consortia for HIV/AIDS and Alcohol-Related Research Trials (CHAART):
Project (Collaborative U01) (RFA-AA-16-001)
Administrative Resource Core (U24) (RFA-AA-16-002)
Resource Core (U24) (RFA-AA-16-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 15, 2016
- Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Centers (P30) (RFA-AG-16-011)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 21, 2015
- Nanomaterials Health Implications Research (NHIR):
Engineered Nanomaterials Resource and Coordination Core (U24) (RFA-ES-15-012)
Comprehensive evaluation of interactions between engineered nanomaterials and biological system (U01) (RFA-ES-15-013)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 30, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Neurodevelopmental Assessment of Infants and Children in Resource-Limited Settings (R43/R44) (RFA-HD-16-024) and (R41/R42) (RFA-HD-16-025)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 14, 2015
- NIEHS SBIR Phase IIB Awards for Validation and Commercialization of Approaches to Reduce Animal Use in Toxicology Testing (U44) (RFA-ES-15-016)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 17, 2015; November 14, 2016; November 13, 2017
- Notice: NHLBI Announces Small Business Topics of Special Interest (TOSI) (NOT-HL-15-266)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): BRAIN Initiative Industry Partnerships for Early Access to Neuromodulation and Recording Devices for Human Clinical Studies (NOT-NS-15-032)
- Notice: Standardized Test Scores Are No Longer Required in Biosketches for Individual Fellowship Applications (F30 and F31) (NOT-OD-15-120)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for the Exploratory Multi-site Palliative Care Research in Diverse Populations Utilizing the Palliative Care Research Cooperative (PCRC) Group (R21) (NOT-NR-15-003)
- Notice to Extend PAR-12-265 "Ancillary Studies to Major Ongoing Clinical Research Studies to Advance Areas of Scientific Interest within the Mission of the NIDDK (R01)" (NOT-DK-15-014)
- Notice of NICHD's Participation in PA-15-010 "Spatial Uncertainty: Data, Modeling, and Communication (R01)" (NOT-HD-15-021)
- Notice of Correction to Award Information for RFA-MD-15-013 "NIMHD Transdisciplinary Collaborative Centers for Health Disparities Research Focused on Precision Medicine (U54)" (NOT-MD-15-015)