COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of October 12, 2015
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top Funding News
Important news from Fogarty for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Research Using Biosamples and Subjects from Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Studies Complications (DP3) (RFA-DK-15-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 03, 2016
- Limited Competition: Knockout Mouse Phenotyping Project Database (UM1) (RFA-RM-15-016) and Production and Phenotyping Project (UM1) (RFA-RM-15-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 09, 2015
- Phase III Clinical Trials for the Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease and Age-related Cognitive Decline (R01) (PAR-16-364)
Pilot Clinical Trials for the Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease and Age-related Cognitive Decline (R01) (PAR-16-365)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): December 11, 2015 (New, Revision, and Resubmission applications) followed by Standard dates.
- Collaborative Activities to Promote Metabolomics Research (Admin Supp) (PA-16-005)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- The Role of the Human Virome in Heart, Lung, and Blood Health and Resilience (R61/R33) (RFA-HL-17-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 09, 2016
- Multi-Site Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Research Center on Alcohol's Health Effects (U10) (PAR-16-363)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 12, 2016
- Molecular Transducers of Physical Activity:
Genomics, Epigenomics and Transcriptomics Chemical Analysis Sites (U24) (RFA-RM-15-010)
Metabolomics and Proteomics Chemical Analysis Sites (U24) (RFA-RM-15-011)
Bioinformatics Center (U24) (RFA-RM-15-012)
Preclinical Animal Study Sites (U01) (RFA-RM-15-013)
Consortium Coordinating Center (CCC) (U24) (RFA-RM-15-014)
Clinical Centers (U01) (RFA-RM-15-015)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 18, 2016
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Global Governance Futures from the Global Public Policy Institute brings together young professionals from China, Germany, India, Japan and the U.S. to recommend ways to address global challenges. Fellows meet in dialogue sessions that take place in participating countries, including a working group on global health and pandemics. Applicants must be a citizen of China, Germany, India, Japan or the U.S. Travel, accommodation and meals directly associated with the program will be covered. Fellows pay a one-time participation fee, which can be waived upon need-based request.
Application deadline: November 15, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH FY 2016-2020 Strategic Plan To Advance Research on the Health and Well-Being of Sexual and Gender Minorities (SGM) Request for Comments
Submit comments by November 2, 2015
- Request for Information (RFI): Future Directions in Gynecologic Health and Disease Research (NOT-HD-15-030)
- Request for Information (RFI): Undiagnosed Diseases Research (NOT-RM-16-001)
- Request for Information (RFI): Soliciting Input for the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Strategic Planning Process (NOT-TR-16-002)
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Validation Assays for Affinity Reagents Generated by the NIH Common Fund Protein Capture Reagents Program (NOT-RM-16-002)
- Notice of Plans for NHGRI Implementation of NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy (NOT-HG-15-038)
- Notice of Change in Application Due Date for RFA-DE-16-002 Oral Immune Plasticity in Chronic HIV Infection Under Treatment and Oral Co-Infections (R01) (NOT-DE-15-006)
- Notice of Participation of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in RFA-HD-16-037 "Using Omics to Define Human Placental Development and Function Across Pregnancy (R21) (NOT-ES-16-001)
- Notice of Correction for Foreign Institutions Eligibility for:
PAR-15-348 Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R01) (NOT-AG-16-001)
PAR-15-349 Health Disparities and Alzheimer's Disease (R01) (NOT-AG-16-002)
PAR-15-350 Emerging Directions for Addressing Health Disparities in Alzheimer's Disease (R03) (NOT-AG-16-003)
PAR-15-351 Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R21) (NOT-AG-16-004)
PAR-15-356 Major Opportunities for Research in Epidemiology of Alzheimer's Disease and Cognitive Resilience (R01) (NOT-AG-16-005)
PAR-15-357 Understanding Alzheimer's Disease in the Context of the Aging Brain (R01) (NOT-AG-16-006)
PAR-15-358 Capturing Complexity in the Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms Involved in the Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease (R01) (NOT-AG-16-007)
PAR-15-359 Novel Approaches to Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease & Predicting Progression (R01) (NOT-AG-16-008)