COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of February 22, 2016
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Multidisciplinary Research in Vulvodynia (R21) (PA-16-100), (R03) (PA-16-101) and (R01) (PA-16-102)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Cancer Tissue Engineering Collaborative: Enabling Biomimetic Tissue-Engineered Technologies for Cancer Research (U01) (PAR-16-105)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): May 31, 2016; November 30, 2016; and more
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration. (Contact FICInfo@nih.gov to recommend an opportunity from your organization.)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2016 ASTMH Annual Meeting Travel Award to attend the 2016 ASTMH Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, November 13-17, 2016.
Application deadline: March 23, 2016
- The DREAMS Innovation Challenge seeks to award and implement solutions to reduce HIV infections by infusing new thinking and approaches to meet the urgent, complex needs of adolescent girls and young women in DREAMS countries. Partners include PEPFAR, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Girl Effect, Johnson & Johnson, Gilead Sciences, and ViiV Healthcare.
Expression of Interest deadline: March 28, 2016
- Opportunities from the Rice 360˚ Institute for Global Health Technologies:
- The Global Health Technologies Design Competition offers the opportunity for undergraduate teams to present on technologies they have designed to address global health needs. Teams can apply for need-based travel assistance awards.
Extended deadline: February 29, 2016
- Global Health Fellowships are one-year post-baccalaureate fellowships for engineers with interests in global health technologies.
Application deadline: April 1, 2016
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Reminder: All Subject Inventions Must Be Reported on the HHS 568 - Final Invention Statement and Certification (For Grant or Award) and in iEdison (NOT-OD-16-066)
- Plan to Move to Updated Forms (FORMS-D) for Administrative Supplement, Successor-In-Interest and Change of Institution Opportunities (NOT-OD-16-068)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Trials Consortium (U24) (NOT-AG-16-016)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Bioengineering Research Grants (BRG) (R01) (NOT-EB-16-001)