COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of May 9, 2016
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- NIDA Research Education Program for Clinical Researchers and Clinicians (R25) (PAR-16-224)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 21, 2016; July 21, 2017; July 20, 2018
Note: Although this research education opportunity is primarily for domestic programs, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) also encourages applications from low- and-middle income countries (LMIC) where there is a serious drug epidemic or crisis, as well as recruitment of researchers and clinician/scientists from these regions. Partnerships between domestic and foreign institutions are also encouraged.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The International Research Scholars Program, from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and its partners, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, aims to support up to 50 outstanding early career scientists worldwide, awarding each scientist who is selected a total of $650,000 over five years.
Application deadline: June 30, 2016
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Release Names of NIH-Funded Research Project Personnel in the NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools Expenditures and Results (RePORTER) System (NOT-OD-16-088)
- Request for Information (RFI): Approaches for Supporting Team Science in the Biomedical Research Community (NOT-GM-16-107)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for NINDS Postdoctoral Training (F32) that Includes Specific Eligibility Requirements (NOT-NS-16-012) and NINDS Postdoctoral Research Career Development Award (K01) (NOT-NS-16-013)
- Notice of National Cancer Institute's Participation in Mechanisms, Models, Measurement, & Management in Pain Research PA-16-188 (R01) (NOT-CA-16-042) and PA-16-187 (R21) (NOT-CA-16-043)
- Notice to Extend Research on Autism Spectrum Disorders PA-13-216 (R01) (NOT-MH-16-009), PA-13-217 (R21) (NOT-MH-16-010) and PA-13-218 (NOT-MH-16-011)