COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of September 19, 2016
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01) (PAR-16-433)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 25, 2017; May 25, 2017 and more
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notices related to NIH-supported clinical trials:
- Policy on Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Clinical Trials (NOT-OD-16-147)
- Policy on Good Clinical Practice Training for NIH Awardees Involved in NIH-funded Clinical Trials (NOT-OD-16-148)
- Free courses developed by NIDA and NIAID to meet new requirements that NIH staff (including Extramural Staff) involved in the conduct, oversight or management of clinical trials be trained in the principles of Good Clinical Practice Training.
- NIH Policy on the Dissemination of NIH-Funded Clinical Trial Information (NOT-OD-16-149)
- Request for Information (RFI) for Bethesda+40: Forty Years after the Bethesda Conference on Declining Mortality from Coronary Heart Disease (NOT-HL-16-440)
Note: The NHLBI proposes to bring together leading experts in a broad range of fields to consider from a global perspective where we are in terms of understanding the direction, magnitude, differences, and drivers of trends in cardiovascular disease worldwide.
Submit responses by December 31, 2016
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Integrated Approaches to HIV-Related Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Comorbidities (R01) (NOT-HL-16-441)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for ImPlementation REsearCh to DEvelop interventions for People Living with HIV (PRECluDE) (U01) (NOT-HL-16-444)
- Notice of Pre-application Webinar for PAR-16-131 Emerging Questions in Cancer Systems Biology (U01) (NOT-CA-16-071)
- Request for Information (RFI): NIEHS Translational Research Framework (NOT-ES-16-011)
- Notice to Extend BRAIN Initiative funding announcements:
- RFA-MH-17-245 Non-Invasive Neuromodulation - Mechanisms and Dose/Response Relationships for Targeted CNS Effects (R01) (NOT-MH-16-023)
- RFA-MH-17-240 Non-Invasive Neuromodulation - New Tools and Techniques for Spatiotemporal Precision (R01) (NOT-MH-16-024)
- RFA-MH-17-235 Foundations of Non-Invasive Functional Human Brain Imaging and Recording-Bridging Scales and Modalities (R01) (NOT-MH-16-025)
- RFA-MH-17-220 Development and Validation of Novel Tools to Analyze Cell-Specific and Circuit-Specific Processes in the Brain (R01) (NOT-MH-16-026)
International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program
Application deadline: October 13, 2016
NIH Human Heredity and Health in Africa (H3Africa) funding
for bioinformatics; research; ethical, legal and societal issues (ELSI); and coordinating center
Application deadline: November 15, 2016
Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Application deadline: November 16, 2016
Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 14, 2016
Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: January 5, 2017
Planning Grant for Emerging Epidemic Virus Research Training for West African Countries with Widespread Transmission of Ebola (Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone)
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Research
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for US scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2017