COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of December 12, 2016
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Development of Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: A Strategy for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (R61/R33) (RFA-AI-16-085)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 15, 2017
- Pilot Clinical Trials Targeting HIV-1 Reservoirs in Children (U01) (RFA-AI-16-086)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 14 2017
- Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Living with HIV (R01) (RFA-DA-17-024)
Application Receipt Date(s): May 9, 2017
- Potential Effects of Metformin on Aging and Age-Related Conditions: Small-Scale Clinical Studies and Secondary Analysis of Controlled Clinical Studies (R01) (PA-17-073)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Soon to be Issued Funding Opportunity for All of Us Research Program Community Engagement (OT2) (NOT-PM-17-001)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Basic Mechanisms of Brain Development for Substance Use and Dependence (R01) (NOT-DA-17-004)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidities (R01) (NOT-DA-17-005)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for:
Catalyzing Innovation in Late Phase Clinical Trial Design and Statistical Analysis Plans (U34) (NOT-HL-16-473) and (X01) (NOT-HL-16-474)
NHLBI Early Phase Clinical Trials for Therapeutics and/or Diagnostics (R61/R33) (NOT-HL-16-475)
Sex Hormone Induced Thromboembolism in Pre-Menopausal Women (R61/R33) (NOT-HL-16-477)
- Revision: Participation of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) in Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R01) (PA-15-105) (NOT-DE-17-007) and (R21) (PA-15-106) (NOT-DE-17-008)
- Notice of Plans for NIOSH Implementation of Data Management and Access Policy (NOT-OH-17-005)