COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of March 6, 2017
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Targeted Implementation Science to Achieve 90/90/90 Goals for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment (R01) (PA-17-194) and (R21) (PA-17-195)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
Note: Research projects designed in partnership with global and domestic service providers are encouraged.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Innovations in HIV Testing, Adherence, and Retention to Optimize HIV Care Continuum Outcomes (R21) (PA-17-181) and (R01) (PA-17-182)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard AIDS dates apply
- Advancing Exceptional Research on HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse (R01) (RFA-DA-18-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 22, 2017; August 22, 2018; August 22, 2019
- Research Answers to NCI's Provocative Questions (R01) (RFA-CA-17-017) and (R21) (RFA-CA-17-018)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 28, 2017; October 30, 2017; June 28, 2018; October 30, 2018
- Neoantigen-Based Therapeutic Targeting of Head and Neck Cancers (R01) (RFA-DE-18-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 19, 2017
- Neuroskeletal Biology of the Dental and Craniofacial Skeletal System (R01) (RFA-DE-18-005) and (R21) (RFA-DE-18-006)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 28, 2017
- From Genomic Association to Causation: A Convergent Neuroscience Approach for Integrating Levels of Analysis to Delineate Brain Function in Neuropsychiatry (U01) (PAR-17-179)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): May 1, 2017 and then standard dates apply
- NIDCD Research Grants for Translating Basic Research into Clinical Tools (R01) (PAR-17-184)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): October 18, 2017; June 19, 2018; and more
- National Cooperative Drug/Device Discovery/Development Groups (U01) (PAR-17-185)
National Cooperative Drug/Device Discovery/Development Groups (NCDDG) for the Treatment of Mental or Substance Use Disorders or Alcohol Addiction (U19) (PAR-17-186)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): June 23, 2017; October 23, 2017; and more
Note: Scientists from foreign institutions and NIH Intramural laboratories may participate in some aspects.
- Translational Research in Pediatric and Obstetric Pharmacology and Therapeutics (R21) (PAR-17-187), (R03) (PAR-17-188) and (R01) (PAR-17-189)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): August 7, 2017; November 7, 2017
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Input for National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Moonshot Pediatric Immunotherapy Translational Science Network Implementation Team (NOT-CA-17-037)