On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Korean Visiting Scientist Training Award (KVSTA) supports research projects in NIH laboratories by young Korean early-stage postdoctoral researchers. Applications for the 2017 cycle will focus on precision medicine training.
Application deadline: August 7, 2017
Resources for global health researchers from NIH and Fogarty:
- Foreign grants information from the NIH Office of Extramural Research, NIH's central resource for grants and funding information
- NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) provides access to reports, data and analyses of NIH research activities, including information on NIH expenditures and the results of NIH supported research.
- The NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts is the official publication for NIH grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunities. Subscribe to receive weekly notifications of all published funding opportunities and notices.
- Fogarty's Global Health Matters newsletter, distributed by email every two months, includes the latest news and information on global health research. Subscribe and browse current and past issues.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Revision: Guidance on Salary Limitation for Grants and Cooperative Agreements (NOT-OD-17-087)
- Notice of Intent to Reissue the Funding Opportunity Announcement for the NIH Blueprint Diversity Specialized Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Advancement in Neuroscience (D-SPAN) Award (F99/K00) (NOT-NS-17-033)