On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Limited Competition: Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Transition Award (R00) (PAR-17-450)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Rolling receipt dates
Note: Applicants do not have to be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, although selected R00 Lasker Scholars must qualify for and maintain appropriate visa/residency status throughout the program.
- Systems Developmental Biology for Understanding Embryonic Development and the Ontogeny of Structural Birth Defects (R01) (PAR-17-454)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): December 6, 2017, December 6, 2018, December 6, 2019
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Saving Brains from Grand Challenges Canada and its partners will support innovative solutions improve early brain and child development relevant to poor, marginalized populations in low- and middle-income countries.
Application deadline: October 11, 2017
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information on Bioethics Issues in Cancer Research and Care (NOT-CA-17-079)
Note: NCI would like to ensure that broad range of perspectives is represented, including cancer researchers, bioethics researcher, research ethics practitioners and clinical ethics practitioners.
- Request for Information (RFI): Inviting Comments on the Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO)-wide Cohort Data Collection Protocol (NOT-OD-17-090)