On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- Reminder: NIH Natural Disaster Policy - Hurricane Harvey (NOT-OD-17-106)
- Related resources from others:
- Policy Supporting the Next Generation Researchers Initiative (NOT-OD-17-101)
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in Low and Middle- Income Countries (R21) (PAR-17-474)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): December 11, 2017
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- BRAIN Initiative: Tools to Facilitate High-Throughput Microconnectivity Analysis (R01) (RFA-MH-18-505)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 7, 2017 and November 13, 2018
- Understanding and Modifying Temporal Dynamics of Coordinated Neural Activity (R21) (PAR-17-463) and (R01) (PAR-17-466)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 8. 2017
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Innovating for Impact Awards from the Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC) celebrate the research partnerships and political champions that help transform breakthrough scientific research into lifesaving drugs, diagnostics, vaccines and other health tools for devastating, unmet global health challenges.
Nominations due September 20, 2017
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Organization and Administration of NIGMS Undergraduate and Pre-Doctoral Diversity Programs (NOT-GM-17-017)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for NIH Interactive Digital Media STEM Resources for Pre-College and Informal Science Education Audiences (SBIR) (R43/R44) (NOT-GM-17-022) and (STTR) (R41/R42) (NOT-GM-17-023)
- NIH Request for Information (RFI): Pediatric research that All of Us may be uniquely positioned to enable (NOT-PM-17-004)