COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of September 25, 2017
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news for NIH grantees and applicants.
- Review the Accuracy of Grants Information for Fiscal Year 2017 (NOT-OD-17-115)
- Updates to Active Funding Opportunity Announcements to Prepare for Policy Changes Impacting Due Dates On or After January 25, 2018 (NOT-OD-17-114)
- The NIH Announces New Review Criteria for Research Project Applications Involving Clinical Trials (NOT-OD-17-118)
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- BRAIN Initiative:
- Tools to target, identify and characterize non-neuronal cells in the brain (R01) (RFA-DA-18-018)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 1, 2018 and October 4, 2018
- Research Resource Grants for Technology Integration and Dissemination (U24) (RFA-NS-18-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 9, 2018
- Development of Valid Reliable Markers of Aging-Related Biologic Mechanisms for Human Studies (U01) (RFA-AG-18-018)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 30, 2018
- Biology of Aging Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Tissues (R01) (RFA-DE-18-009) and (R21) (RFA-DE-18-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 31, 2018
- Population-Based Model Organism Research for G x E Exploration in Complex Disease Outcomes (R01) (RFA-ES-17-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 1, 2018
- CNS Small Blood and Lymphatic Vessels:
Innovative Approaches or Technologies to Investigate Regional, Structural and Functional Heterogeneity (R01) (RFA-NS-18-003)
Human Studies of Target Identification, Biomarkers and Disease Mechanisms (R01) (RFA-NS-18-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 11, 2017
- Science of Behavior Change: Revision Applications for Use-inspired Research to Optimize Adherence, Behavior Change Interventions, and Outcomes (R01) (RFA-RM-17-022), (U01) (RFA-RM-17-023), (R34) (RFA-RM-17-024) and (R21) (RFA-RM-17-028)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 5, 2017
- New Onset Depressive Symptoms in Acute Illness (R21) (PA-17-487) and (R01) (PA-17-488)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Short-term Mentored Career Enhancement Awards for Mid-Career Investigators to Integrate Basic Behavioral and Social Sciences (K18) (PAR-17-486)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): March 6, 2018, and March 6, 2019
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Online Partnership to Accelerage Research (OnPAR) will host a webinar on Thursday, September 28 at 1 pm ET on its new funding paradigm. An initiative from Leidos Life Sciences in partnership with NIH, OnPAR provides investigators a funding opportunity for their highly scored, unfunded applications. Registration is required.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Comments: Proposal to Update Data Management of Genomic Summary Results Under the NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy (NOT-OD-17-110)
- Request for Information (RFI): Prospective Longitudinal Cohort Studies of Influenza Infection and Vaccine Effectiveness (NOT-AI-17-043)