COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of November 6, 2017
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- Statement on article publication resulting from NIH funded research (NOT-OD-18-011), including recommendations to identify credible journals.
"Effective communication of scientific results is an essential part of the scientific process. In support of public access to NIH funded research, authors are encouraged to publish their results in reputable journals. The NIH has noted an increase in the numbers of papers reported as products of NIH funding which are published in journals or by publishers that do not follow best practices promoted by professional scholarly publishing organizations."
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Global Infectious Disease Research Administration Development Award for Low-and Middle-Income Country Institutions (G11) (PAR-18-335)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 31, 2018; July 31, 2019; July 31, 2020
- Mobile and Connected Health Interventions to Improve Care Continuum and Health Outcomes among Youth with HIV (R34) (RFA-MH-18-605) and (R01) (RFA-MH-18-606)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 9, 2018
- The International Summit in Human Genetics and Genomics, sponsored by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) and the Foundation for the NIH, trains early-mid career health care professionals and trainees from developing nations. Research scientists, physicians, dentists, dentist-scientists, nurses, counselors and medical, dental and graduate school trainees can apply. Selected candidates will be fully sponsored (travel, local transportation, lodging, per diem) for the duration of the Summit, August 29 - September 28, 2018.
Application deadline: December 31, 2017
- Collaborative Research in Computational Neuroscience (CRCNS) NSFInnovative Approaches to Science and Engineering Research on Brain Function (NOT-MH-18-003)
Full proposal deadlines: January 05, 2018; November 27, 2018; November 25, 2019
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Takemi Program in International Health seeks to improve health and health systems around the world by welcoming mid-career health professionals and scholars to the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health to conduct path breaking research and develop their leadership skills. Selected fellows provide their own living expenses, travel and health insurance.
Application deadline: December 31, 2017
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Inviting comments and suggestions on the development of a Eureka prize for Alzheimer's disease research (NOT-AG-17-018)
- Request for Information (RFI): Information Resources on Lifestyle and Behavioral Factors Contributing to the Effectiveness of Cancer Therapies (NOT-CA-18-002)
Emerging Global Leader Award
Updated application deadline: November 7, 2017
Global Brain and Nervous System Disorders Research across the Lifespan
Application deadline: November 7, 2017
Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: December 11, 2017
Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan
Application deadline: December 14, 2017
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Japan
Application deadline: January 31, 2018
International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
Application deadline: March 7, 2018
Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training
Application deadline: March 14, 2018
- International Bioethics Training
Application deadline: May 17, 2018