COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of January 22, 2018
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH.
Budget update > The U.S. federal government, including Fogarty and all of NIH, is operating under a continuing resolution through February 8, 2018. Access information about appropriations for fiscal year 2018 from Congress.gov.
NIH and other U.S. government funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NCI National Cancer Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program engages participants in an interactive training experience, providing a thorough knowledge about cancer prevention and control. International applicants are welcome. a limited amount of financial support may be available for selected, meritorious applications from low- and middle-income countries
Applications due February 1, 2018
International Research Experiences for Students (IRES) from the National Science Foundation (NSF) supports international research and research-related activities for U.S. science and engineering students.
Applications due January 30 - September 25, 2018
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Medications Development for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder - CT optional
Application Receipt Date(s): March 20, 2018
- Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program (X01, Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-18-583)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): March 22, 2018
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- HHS issues Four (4) PHS 2018-2 SBIR and STTR Omnibus/Parent Grant Solicitations with FORMS-E and Clinical Trials Policy Updates (NOT-OD-18-123)
- NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications Parent SBIR [R43/R44] Clinical Trial Required (PA-18-573) and Clinical Trial Not Allowed (PA-18-574)
- NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications Parent STTR [R41/R42] Clinical Trial Not Allowed (PA-18-575) and Clinical Trial Required (PA-18-576)