On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Grand Challenges from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is a family of initiatives fostering innovation to solve key global health and development problems.
Application deadline: March 5, 2018
The current round includes:
- Affordable, Accessible, and Appealing: The Next Generation of Nutrition
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
- Innovations in Immunization Data Management, Use, and Improved Process Efficiency
- Data Science Approaches to Improve Maternal and Child Health in Brazil
- Campylobacter spp. Transmission Dynamics in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
Accelerating Local Potential Addendum to the Science, Technology, Innovation, and Partnerships in Higher Education Program Annual Program Statement from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is open for applications. Learn more
about the program, eligibility and how to apply [PDF].
Application deadline: April 6, 2018
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Operates Under a Continuing Resolution Through March 23, 2018 (NOT-OD-18-136)
- Guidance on Salary Limitation for Grants and Cooperative Agreements FY 2018 (NOT-OD-18-137)
- Register Today - Space is Limited and Savings End Soon for the NIH Regional Seminar on Program Funding & Grants Administration: Washington, D.C. - May 2-4, 2018 (NOT-OD-18-148)
- Notice: Refinement and Testing of Interventions to Sustain ADHD Treatment Effects Across Settings and Developmental Transitions (NOT-MH-18-026)