COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of April 16, 2018
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
The African Postdoctoral Training Initiative (APTI), a partnership of the African Academy of Sciences, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the NIH, will offer two-year postdoctoral fellowships with training at NIH intramural labs, plus two years of some salary support.
Application deadline: May 11, 2018
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Alzheimers Disease and its related Dementias (AD/ADRD)-focused Administrative supplements for NIH grants that are not focused on Alzheimers disease (NOT-AG-18-008)
Submission deadline: June 8 for funding in FY 2018.
- Next-Generation Biologics for Sustained HIV Remission
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-18-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 27, 2018
- Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-18-753) and
(R21 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PA-18-754)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard AIDS dates apply
- Development of a virtual bioequivalence trial simulation platform that integrates population pharmacokinetic modeling algorithms into physiologically-based pharmacokinetic models
Application Receipt Date(s): June 20, 2018
- AHRQ funding, foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia or as subcontractors:
Making Health Care Safer in Ambulatory Care Settings and Long Term Care Facilities
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Embedding research for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a joint grant initiative between TDR, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (Alliance HPSR), uses an embedded research approach to focus on ways to improve and strengthen health policy and systems, including implementation issues, and address the SDGs. Applications are welcome on any topic related to the SDGs from low- and middle-income countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. Submissions are encouraged from Bolivia, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Suriname.
Concept notes deadline: May 15, 2018
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Career Award (K) Policy Update: Temporary Adjustments to Percent Effort or Part-Time Institutional Appointment (NOT-OD-18-156)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Request for Information (RFI): Strategies for Matching Patients to Clinical Trials (NOT-CA-18-063)
- Notice of Information: NIMH High-Priority Areas for Research on Digital Health Technology to Advance Assessment, Detection, Prevention, Treatment, and Delivery of Services for Mental Health Conditions (NOT-MH-18-031)