COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of July 2, 2018
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS):
Basic Mechanisms of Health Effects, Clinical Trial Not Allowed (R01) (PAR-18-845) and (R21) (PAR-18-846)
Population, Clinical and Applied Prevention Research, Clinical Trial Optional (R01) (PAR-18-847) and (R21) (PAR-18-848)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): October 24, 2018; and more
- Advancing mAbs to Achieve a Drug-free Sustained HIV Virologic Remission (U01 Clinical Trial Required) (RFA-AI-18-022)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 10, 2018, October 9, 2019
- Role of Gut Microbiome in Regulating Reproduction and Its Impact on Fertility Status in Women Living with and Without HIV (R01 - Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-18-838) and (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-18-839)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Investigator Initiated Research in Computational Genomics and Data Science (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-18-843) and (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-18-844)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 16, 2018, and more
- Integrative Omics to Enhance Therapeutics Development for Healthy Aging (UH2/UH3 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AG-19-011)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 14, 2018
- Elucidating the Functional Roles of Non-Coding RNAs in Viral Infectious Diseases (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-18-025)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 15, 2018
- Request for Administrative Supplements for Basic Research on Opioids to Existing Grant Awards (NOT-DA-18-014)
Information related to funding and training opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- NEW free online course Ebola: GO 2.0, a pre-deployment training in English and French, from OpenWHO, WHO’s interactive, web-based, knowledge-transfer platform offering online courses to improve the response to health emergencies.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR) (NOT-OD-18-196), Contraception and Infertility Research (LRP-CIR) (NOT-OD-18-198), Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR) (NOT-OD-18-199) Pediatric Research (LRP-PR) (NOT-OD-18-200) and Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-IDB) (NOT-OD-18-201)
More about the NIH Loan Repayment Programs.
- Request for Information (RFI): Inviting Comments and Suggestions on a Framework for the NIAID Tuberculosis Strategic Plan (NOT-AI-18-043)
- Request for Information (RFI): The HEALing Communities Study: Developing and Testing an Integrated Approach to Address the Opioid Crisis (NOT-DA-18-023)
- Notice of Intent to Publish: Tobacco Cessation Interventions Among People Living with HIV/AIDS (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-CA-18-078) and (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-CA-18-079)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Disparities Elimination through Coordinated Interventions to Prevent and Control Heart and Lung Disease Risk (DECIPHeR) (NOT-HL-18-632)
- NIDA Division of Neuroscience and Behavior Will Give High Programmatic Priority to Opioid Related Basic Research (NOT-DA-18-015)