COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of July 16, 2018
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Halting TB Transmission in HIV-Endemic and Other High-Transmission Settings
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-18-037)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 5, 2018
- Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program
(P42 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-ES-18-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 19, 2018
Note: Applicants are permitted under the law, and encouraged by NIEHS, to subcontract as appropriate with domestic or foreign organizations.
- NIAID Omnibus Broad Agency Announcement No. HHS-NIH-NIAID-BAA2018: Soliciting Proposals for Antimicrobial Products, Novel Vaccines and Technologies Against Category A, B, and C Agents, and Universal Influenza Vaccines (NOT-AI-18-048)
- Prevention Research in Mid-Life Adults
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-18-849) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-18-850)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Drug Transport Across the Blood-Testis and Blood-Epididymal Barriers
(R61/R33 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-18-853)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 27, 2018, November 27, 2019, November 27, 2020
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Innovating for Impact Awards from the Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC) celebrate the research partnerships and political champions that help transform breakthrough scientific research into lifesaving drugs, diagnostics, vaccines and other health tools for devastating, unmet global health challenges.
Nomination deadline: August 17, 2018
International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) call for family planning, fertility and urban development research proposals in sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia from early career researchers.
Deadline: September 3, 2018
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Synchronizes Institutional Delegations and Now Allows Decimals in Effort Reporting Field in Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) (NOT-OD-18-202)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Reproductive Medicine Clinical Trials Program (R01 Clinical Trial Required) (NOT-HD-18-012)