On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Health-professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-TW-18-002) to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs in the low-resource, high HIV-burden countries of Malawi and Zambia
Application Receipt Date: December 13, 2018
Health-Professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI).
With funds jointly provided by NIAID and the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development, CRDF Global is accepting proposals through the
U.S.-Japan Cooperative Medical Sciences Program (USJCMSP) Collaborative Awards from joint U.S., Japan, and other regional Asia-Pacific (APac) based investigators working in the field of infectious disease and immunology research.
Application deadline: December 15, 2018
Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) invites scientists in developing countries, partnered with U.S. government-supported collaborators, to apply for funds to support research and capacity-building activities on topics with strong potential development impacts. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) joined with several U.S. Government-supported agencies, including NIH, to support the program, which is implemented by the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
Pre-proposals deadline: January 14, 2019
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Collaborative Research in Computational Neuroscience (CRCNS) Innovative Approaches to Science and Engineering Research on Brain Function (NOT-MH-18-054)
Full Proposal Deadlines: November 27, 2018; November 25, 2019
- Addressing Caregiver Symptoms through Technological Tools
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-19-023) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-19-024)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Specialized Alcohol Research Centers Clinical Trial Optional
(P50 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AA-19-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 27, 2019
Note: Unique scientific opportunities including sharing of resources or expertise warrant collaboration with investigators from other centers or from other institutions domestic or foreign.
- Natural History Studies Addressing Unmet Needs of Rare Diseases: Orphan Products Research Project Grant
Application Receipt Date(s): January 10, 2019
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- New NIH Peer Review Videos for Applicants (NOT-OD-19-017)
- BRAIN Initiative: Notice of Support for Research on the Fundamental Neurobiology of Endogenous Opioid Systems (NOT-DA-18-046)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for NMR Open Access Data Exchange (U24, Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AT-19-003)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Back Pain Consortium (BACPAC) Research Program:
Mechanistic Research Centers (U19) (Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-AR-19-022)
Data Integration, Algorithm Development and Operations Management Center (U24) (Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AR-19-023)
Technology Research Sites (UH2/UH3) (Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-AR-19-024)
Phase 2 Clinical Trials (UG3/UH3) (Clinical Trial Required) (NOT-AR-19-025)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for:
Botanical Dietary Supplements Research Centers (U19 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-OD-19-013)
Center for Natural Product Technology, Methodology and Productivity Optimization (NP-TEMPO) (U41, Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AT-19-002)
- Notice of Intent to Issue the Funding Opportunity Announcement for:
Bioengineering Research Grants (BRG) (R01 Clinical Trial Required) (NOT-EB-18-025) and (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-EB-18-026)
Bioengineering Research Partnerships (U01 Clinical Trial Required) (NOT-EB-18-027) and (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-EB-18-028)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Proposed Provisions for a Draft Data Management and Sharing Policy for NIH Funded or Supported Research (NOT-OD-19-014)
Submit responses by December 10, 2018.
- Notice of Joint DMS/NLM Initiative on Generalizable Data Science Methods for Biomedical Research (NOT-LM-19-001)
- Request for Information (RFI): Challenges and Opportunities for Understanding and Treating Small Cell Lung Cancer (NOT-CA-19-001)
Submit responses by November 18, 2018.