COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of October 29, 2018
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Webinar: International Organizations and the NIH Grants Process
Hosted by the National Institutes of Health Office of Extramural Research
Wednesday, October 31 at 9:30 am EDT
The presenter will walk participants through the grants process and peer review, and recommend key resources and websites for those submitting an application as a foreign applicant. All those working with the NIH grants process - administrators, early-stage investigators, researchers and graduate students - are invited to attend. Registration is required.
Notice of NIH Participation in the Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Program (NOT-TW-18-005)
Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Initiative (EEID) is a joint National Institutes of Health (NIH) - National Science Foundation (NSF) initiative.
Application deadline: November 21, 2018
Notice of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)'s participation in
Global Brain and Nervous System Disorders Research Across the Lifespan:
PAR-18-835 (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-DA-19-005)
PAR-18-836 (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-DA-19-004)
Updates to Fogarty's
Emerging Global Leader Award:
- Notice of Change in Application Due Date for PAR-17-001 "Emerging Global Leader Award (K43)" (NOT-TW-18-006)
Revised application receipt date: November 28, 2018
- Emerging Global Leader Award (K43 Independent Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-19-038)
Application receipt dates: November 28, 2018; November 7, 2019; and November 4, 2020
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish Parent Funding Opportunity Announcements for Basic Experimental Studies with Humans (NOT-OD-19-024)
- Reminder: NIH Natural Disaster Policy - Hurricane Michael (NOT-OD-19-018)
- Notice Announcing NIEHS Use of RFA-ES-16-005 Mechanism for Time-Sensitive Research Opportunities in Environmental Health Sciences (R21) (NOT-ES-19-001) and PA-18-591 Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-ES-19-002) for Hurricanes Florence and Michael Response Research
- Presolicitation Notice: Request for Proposals (RFP) N01CN87006-18 "PREVENT Cancer Preclinical Drug Development Program: cGMP Production of Vaccines and Biologicals for Cancer Prevention" (NOT-CA-19-004)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP) (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-CA-19-005)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Development of Translational Devices to Treat Pain (U18 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-EB-18-030), (UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-19-009) and (U44 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-19-010)
- Notice to Clarify the Participation of Foreign Scientists in PAR-17-340 Collaborative Program Grant for Multidisciplinary Teams (RM1) (NOT-GM-19-004)
- Notice Inviting the Community to Contribute to the Generation of NHGRI's '2020 Vision for Genomics' (NOT-HG-19-005)
- Request for Information (RFI): Understanding the Health of Women and the Role of Sex/Gender in Mechanisms of Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases and Disorders (NOT-HL-18-660)