On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Contraception Research Centers Program
(U54 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-HD-19-023)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 13, 2019
- Limited Competition: Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program
Collaborative Innovation Award
(U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-19-099)
Exploratory Collaborative Innovation Awards
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-19-100)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): March 8, 2019, July 11, 2019, November 8, 2019, and more
- Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP)
(U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-19-101)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 30, 2019; July 30, 2019; and more
- Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program
(X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-19-104)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): February 21, 2019
- HEAL Initiative:
- Back Pain Consortium (BACPAC) Research Program:
Mechanistic Research Centers
(U19 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AR-19-026)
Data Integration, Algorithm Development and Operations Management Center
(U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AR-19-027)
Technology Research Sites
(UH2/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AR-19-028)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 20, 2019
Phase 2 Clinical Trials
(UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Required) (RFA-AR-19-029)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 26, 2019
- Americas Startups and Small Businesses Build Technologies to Stop the Opioid Epidemic
(R43/R44 - Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-DA-19-019) and
(R43/R44 - Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-DA-19-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 8, 2019, April 9, 2019, September 8, 2019, April 9, 2020
- Translational Development of Devices to Treat Pain
(U18 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-EB-18-003)
Translational Devices to Treat Pain
(U44 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-NS-19-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 22, 2019, June 20, 2019, October 22, 2019, and more
- Optimization of Non-addictive Therapies [Small Molecules and Biologics] to Treat Pain -
(U44 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-NS-19-020)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 9, 2019 and March 6, 2019
- Notice of Interest in Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Applications Directed at Enhanced Pain Management and Improved Treatments for Opioid Misuse and Addiction (NOT-NS-19-014)
Other NIH opportunities that may be of interest to global health researchers.
NIH Medical Research Scholars Program is a comprehensive, year-long research enrichment program for U.S. researchers designed to attract the most creative, research-oriented medical, dental and veterinary students to the NIH intramural campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
Application deadline: January 11, 2019
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Administrative Supplements for Research on Bioethical Issues (NOT-OD-19-045)
- Notice of Interest in Long-term Maintenance of Behavior Change Research (NOT-OD-19-040)
- Advance Notice: Streamlining the Certifications and Representations Process and Phasing out the SF-424B (NOT-OD-19-043)
Note: Effective January 1, 2020, the System for Award Management (SAM) will become the central repository for common government-wide certifications and representations required of NIH applicants and recipients.