On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
U.S.-China Program for Biomedical Collaborative Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-19-009)
The U.S.-China Program for Biomedical Collaborative Research aims to stimulate collaborative basic, translational and clinical research between U.S.-based researchers and Chinese researchers in the areas of cancer, environmental health, heart disease, blood disorders, diseases of the eye and visual system, mental health and neurological disorders.
Application Receipt Date(s): February 21, 2019
Reminder: Invitation to
develop case examples of health research in humanitarian contexts as a part of the Advancing Health Research in Humanitarian Crises project, led by Fogarty's Center for Global Health Studies. When needed, financial support up to $5,000 per case will be made available to support the development of the cases.
Receipt deadline: January 21, 2019
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Implementation of the Final Rule on the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Common Rule) (NOT-OD-19-050)
- Request for Information (RFI): NICHD Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2020-2024 (NOT-HD-18-031)
- Notice of 3 Pre-Application Webinars for NCCIH HEAL Funding Opportunity Announcements (NOT-AT-19-019)
- Notice of Interest in Advancing Research in Acute Flaccid Myelitis and Guillain-Barre Syndrome (NOT-NS-19-029)
- Notices to Specify High-Priority Research Topic for Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias PAR-19-070 and PAR-19-071 (NOT-AG-18-056) and (NOT-AG-18-057)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice: Analytical Chemistry and Stability Testing of Treatment Drugs for Substance Use Disorders (NOT-DA-19-060)