NIH Global Health Funding News - Week of April 15, 2019
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Late-Stage Implementation Research Addressing Hypertension in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Scaling Up Proven-Effective Interventions
(UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-HL-20-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 8, 2019
- Changes to BLOODSAFE: Research to enhance availability of safe blood for patients with severe anemia and hemorrhagic conditions in low or lower-middle income countries (LLMICs) in Sub-Saharan Africa
Updated application due date: June 11, 2019
- Notice of Change to Eligibility Information and Key Dates in RFA-HL-20-009 BLOODSAFE (UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) and Announcement of Availability of FAQs (NOT-HL-19-691)
- Notice of Change to Key Dates in RFA-HL-20-010 BLOODSAFE (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-HL-19-694)
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Feasibility of Novel Diagnostics for TB in Endemic Countries (FEND for TB)
(U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-19-030)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 22, 2019
- Oral Health in People Living with HIV and Additional Non-Communicable Diseases
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-DE-20-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 29, 2019
- BRAIN Initiative:
Secondary Analysis and Archiving of BRAIN Initiative Data
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-MH-20-120)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 6, 2019 and June 11, 2020
Tools to Facilitate High-Throughput Microconnectivity Analysis
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-MH-20-135)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 27, 2019 and September 30, 2020
- Research Projects to Improve the Predictive Value of Animal Models in Recapitulating Human Immunity to Influenza Infection and Vaccination
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-19-247) and
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-19-248)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): June 18, 2019, June 18, 2020, June 18, 2021
- Basic and Translational Research on Adducts in Cancer Risk Identification and Prevention
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-19-251) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-19-252)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 2, 2019; November 6, 2019; and more
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Sexual & Gender Minority Research Office (SGMRO) Announces Southern Regional Workshop on Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM)-Related Research (NOT-OD-19-097)