COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Funding Newsletter for Global Health Researchers - Week of June 3, 2019
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Implementation of U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act - Identifying, Researching, and Implementing Alternative Methods to Expand the Reach across the Global Supply Chain
(U01) - Clinical Trials Not Allowed (RFA-FD-19-022)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 29, 2019
- Adipogenesis, Adipocyte Function and Obesity Following HIV Infection, Antiretroviral Therapy, or Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-DK-19-008)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 7, 2019
- Building in vivo Preclinical Assays of Circuit Engagement for Application in Therapeutic Development
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-19-289)
Application Receipt Date(s): Standard dates apply
- Oscillatory Patterns of Gene Expression in Aging and Alzheimers Disease
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AG-20-040)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 23, 2019
- Exploiting In Vivo Precision Pharmacology Techniques to Understand Opioid Receptor Signaling in Specific Circuits, Cell Types, and Subcellular Compartments
(R61/R33 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-DA-20-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 17, 2019
- Brain Initiative: Research to Develop and Validate Advanced Human Cell-Based Assays To Model Brain Structure and Function
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-MH-20-140)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 1, 2019
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
USAID's Inclusive Health Access Prize recognizes innovative, privately-led approaches with strong scale-up potential that have helped expand access to affordable, accountable and reliable health services for poor and vulnerable groups.
Submission deadline: June 28, 2019
Keystone Symposia is offering Global Health Travel Awards, to participate in selected meetings in its Global Health Series. The awards are supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Application deadline: 5 months prior to the meeting date
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Information for BLOODSAFE: Research to enhance availability of safe blood for patients with severe anemia and hemorrhagic conditions in low or lower-middle income countries (LLMICs) in Sub-Saharan Africa (UG3/UH3 CT Optional) (NOT-HL-19-706) and (U24 CT Not Allowed) (NOT-HL-19-707)
Note: If you initiated an application using the original (FORMS-E) package, you must move the application information to the FORMS-E-REVISED application package.
- Notice of Special Interest for Small Business in Genomic Medicine Research (NOT-HG-19-021)
BLOODSAFE: Research to enhance availability of safe blood for patients with severe anemia and hemorrhagic conditions in low or lower-middle income countries (LLMICs) in Sub-Saharan Africa from NHLBI
Updated application deadline: June 11, 2019
Late-Stage Implementation Research Addressing Hypertension in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Scaling Up Proven-Effective Interventions from NHBLI and NINDS
Application deadline: July 8, 2019
Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program
Application deadline: July 25, 2019
U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research Phase 2
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AI-19-022) and
(U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AI-19-023)
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AI-19-024) and
(U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AI-19-025)
Application deadline: July 26, 2019
Fogarty HIV Research Training Program
Application deadline: August 20, 2019
Global Brain and Nervous System Disorders Research Across the Lifespan
Application deadline: November 7, 2019
Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 7, 2019
Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training
Application deadline: November 12, 2019
Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Application deadline: November 20, 2019