Funding Newsletter for Global Health Researchers - Week of July 15, 2019
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Institutions (NOT-TW-19-005)
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
Information related to opportunities supported by the U.S. government.
- Sustaining Technical and Analytical Resources (STAR) is accepting applications to launch
STAR's Collaboration Laboratory, a facilitated approach to test, refine and document what works and what does not in creating and sustaining academic partnerships. STAR, a project of the Public Health Institute, implemented in partnership with Johns Hopkins University, University of California, San Francisco, and the Consortium of Universities for Global Health, is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Application deadline: August 9, 2019
U.S.-Egypt Science and Technology Joint Fund is accepting proposals for U.S.-Egypt science and technology collaborative research projects, and Egyptian junior scientist development visits. Each country jointly matches funds provided by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The program is implemented in the U.S. by the National Academy of Sciences.
Application deadline: September 5, 2019
Notices of Special Interest (NOSI)
NIH Notices announcing interest in specific scientific research topics.
- Reminder: NIH Expanding Usage of Notices of Special Interest (NOT-OD-19-107)
- Availability of Administrative Supplements for Enhancing Utility and Usage of Common Fund Data Sets (NOT-RM-19-009)
- Health Services and Economic Research on the Treatment of Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Use Disorders (R01, R21, R03) (NOT-DA-19-037)
- Gene-Environment Interplay in Substance Use Disorders (R01, R21) (NOT-DA-19-038)
- The Application of Big Data Analytics to Drug Abuse Research (NOT-DA-19-041)
- Research to Prevent Drug Use, Misuse and Addiction (NOT-DA-19-048)
- Biosensors to Detect Exacerbations of Cardiopulmonary Disease (NOT-HL-19-708)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Guidance on Current Education Curricula for Health Care Professionals Regarding Pain and Opioid Misuse and Use Disorder (NOT-DA-19-054)
- Requirement for ORCID iDs for Individuals Supported by Research Training, Fellowship, Research Education, and Career Development Awards Beginning in FY 2020 (NOT-OD-19-109)
- Notice of New NIH-Designated Data Repository: NHGRIs Genomic Data Science Analysis, Visualization, and Informatics Lab-space (AnVIL) (NOT-HG-19-024)
- Notice of Change to NOT-TR-19-014: Notice of Change to PAR-18-940 Clinical and Translational Science Award (U54 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-TR-19-026)