Funding Newsletter for Global Health Researchers - Week of December 9, 2019
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Notice of Special Interest: Understanding the Biology of Iodine Nutrition, Assessment, and Outcomes (R01, R21, R03, R43/R44, R41/R42) (NOT-HD-19-039)
Applies to due dates on or after January 5, 2020 and subsequent receipt dates through January 8, 2022.
- Improving Quality of Care and Patient Outcomes During Care Transitions
Application Receipt Date(s): February 21, 2020; January 27, 2021; January 27, 2022
Note: Foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia or as subcontractors.
- Basic and Clinical Cancer Research:
Advanced Development and Validation of Emerging Molecular and Cellular Analysis Technologies
(R33 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (RFA-CA-20-018)
Innovative Biospecimen Science Technologies
(R21 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (RFA-CA-20-019)
Advanced Development and Validation of Emerging Biospecimen Science Technologies
(R33 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (RFA-CA-20-020)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 21, 2020; May 28, 2020; September 29, 2020
- Clinical Trials to Test Artificial Pancreas Device Systems in Populations Challenging to Manage Type 1 Diabetes (T1D)
(U01 Clinical Trial Required) (RFA-DK-19-036)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 09, 2020
- Transformative Technology Development for the Human BioMolecular Atlas Program
(UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-RM-20-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 3 , 2020
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH and AHRQ Announce Upcoming Changes to Policies, Instructions and Forms for Research Training Grant, Fellowship, and Career Development Award Applications (NOT-OD-20-033)
- Request for Information: Input to the National Eye Institute Strategic Plan: 2020 Vision for the Future (NOT-EY-20-002)
- Request for Information (RFI) on the 2020 National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Strategic Plan for Research (NOT-MH-20-003)
- Request for Information (RFI): Increasing the diversity of applications to the NIH Common Fund High-Risk, High-Reward Research Program (NOT-RM-20-002)