COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Funding news for global health researchers January 6, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Updated February 20, 2020
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH requests and funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Novel Therapeutics Directed to Intracellular HIV Targets
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-19-072)
AIDS Application Due Date: April 1, 2020
- Novel Imaging Approaches for detection of Persistent HIV and Neuroimmune dysfunction associated with HIV In the Central Nervous System (CNS)
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-MH-20-330) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-MH-20-331)
AIDS Application Due Date: March 11, 2020.
- Secondary Analysis of Existing Datasets in Heart, Lung, and Blood Diseases and Sleep Disorders
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-20-078)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 26, 2020, October 28, 2020 and more
- Glial Plasticity in the Aging Brain
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AG-21-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 17, 2020
- Development and Integration of Novel Components for Open and Closed Loop Hormone Replacement Platforms for T1D Therapy
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-DK-19-029)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 7, 2020
- Engineering Next-Generation Human Nervous System Microphysiological Systems
(R01 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-20-055) and
(R21 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-20-082)
Application Receipt Date(s): Standard dates apply
- BRAIN Initiative: Biology and Biophysics of Neural Stimulation and Recording Technologies
(R01 Clinical Trials Optional) (RFA-NS-20-006)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 24, 2020, June 2, 2020, October 1, 2020 and more
- Physiologically-based pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model extrapolation to human from rabbit for ophthalmic drug products
(U01) Clinical Trials Not Allowed (RFA-FD-20-018)
- Bioequivalence of Topical Products: Elucidating Fundamental Principles of Dermal Pharmacokinetics for Microdialysis or Microperfusion Techniques
(U01) Clinical Trials Not Allowed (RFA-FD-20-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 27, 2020
- Improving Management of Opioids and Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) in Older Adults
Application Receipt Date(s): February 23, 2020
Note: Foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia or as subcontractors.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
PHI/CDC Global Health Fellowship Program, implemented for CDC by the Public Health Institute and its partner Consortium of Universities for Global Health, is a CDC-funded program that offers recent global public health graduates from Council on Education in Public Health accredited schools and programs the opportunity to participate in yearlong fellowships with guidance from leading global health experts from the CDC.
Application deadline: January 22, 2020
Developing Excellence in Leadership, Training and Science in Africa (DELTAS Africa) from the African Academy of Sciences (AAS) supports interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary scientific programs focused on social and sustainable development and health.
Application deadline: February 28, 2020
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Advancing Development of Rapid Point-of-Care Hepatitis C Virus Diagnostics (NOT-AI-20-013)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Modeling Social Contagion of Substance Use Epidemics (NOT-DA-20-009)
- UPDATE: NIH HIV/AIDS Research Priorities and Guidelines for Determining HIV/AIDS Funding (NOT-OD-20-018)
- Request for Information (RFI): ClinicalTrials.gov Modernization (NOT-LM-20-003)
- Notification of HHS Plan to Publish a Statement Announcing the Intention to Convene an NIH Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board for Fiscal Year 2020 and Soliciting Nominations (NOT-OD-20-053)
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for NOT-MH-20-003 " Request for Information (RFI) on the 2020 National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Strategic Plan for Research" (NOT-MH-20-021), with a new response date of January 15, 2020
- Announcing the Interagency Collaborative Animal Research Education (ICARE) 2020 Workshop Schedule and Open Registration (NOT-OD-20-045)