Funding newsletter for global health researchers - week of January 20, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria (CARB) Interdisciplinary Research Units
(U19 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-20-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): May 08, 2020
- Biomedical Data Repository
(U24 - Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-20-089)
(U24 - Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-20-097)
Application Receipt Date(s): September 25, 2020; January 25, 2021; September 24, 2021; January 25, 2022; September 26, 2022; January 25, 2023
- Research Answers to National Cancer Institute's (NCI) Provocative Questions
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-20-004) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-20-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 30, 2020; November 17, 2020
- Accelerating Medicine Partnership in Parkinson's disease (AMP PD) data use and analysis
(U01 Clinical trials not allowed) (RFA-NS-20-027)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 18, 2020.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
ReGRoW: Repurposing Grants for the Rest of the World, a pilot program from Cures Within Reach, will support scientists and clinicians in low- and middle-income countries investigating how currently approved therapies can be repurposed for the treatment of unsolved diseases in their own communities.
Application deadline: March 1, 2020
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI) Seeking Stakeholder Input on Scientific Gaps and Research Needs to Address Associations Between Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (NOT-CA-20-024)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Improved Understanding of Risk and Mechanisms for Developing Obesity in Infants and Young Children (NOT-DK-20-004)