COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Funding news for global health researchers February 17, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Hubs of Interdisciplinary Research and Training in Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) from National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH Office of Research on Women's Health and Fogarty:
GEOHealth Hubs Research U01 (NOT-TW-20-002)
GEOHealth Hubs Research Training U2R (NOT-TW-20-003)
Learn more about Fogarty's
Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) program.
Estimated publication date of funding opportunity announcement: July 1, 2020
First estimated application due date: November 4, 2020
- Pre-Solicitation Notice: NIAID Specimen Repository, RFP: 75N93020R00006 (NOT-AI-20-033)
This RFP will be available electronically on/about February 20, 2020 and may be accessed through beta.SAM.gov. The purpose of this contract is the short, moderate and long-term specimen storage of domestic and international clinical research specimens. Learn more about the
NIAID HIV/AIDS Specimen Repository Programs.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Epidemic Preparedness: COVID-19, funded by partnership between Wellcome Trust and the UK Department for International Development (DFID) through the Joint Initiative on Research in Epidemic Preparedness and Response, aims to strengthen the evidence base to better prevent and control coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemics and to increase research and response capacity.
Submit expressions of interest as soon as possible.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Change to update the Letters of Intent due date for 2020 for the Funding Opportunity Announcement HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Institutions (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-TW-20-001)
- Request for Information (RFI): Stakeholder Input on Opportunities for Increased Collaboration to Advance Prevention Research (NOT-OD-20-072)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Martin Delaney Collaboratories for HIV Cure Research (UM1 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AI-20-032)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Metastasis Research Network (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-CA-20-028)
- Notice of Intent to Publish Funding Opportunity Announcements for a Lung Transplant Consortium (LTC) (U01) (NOT-HL-20-752)