COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers March 16, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Important funding and news from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) and NIH.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Engineering Immunity to HIV-1 Through Next Generation Vaccines
(R61/R33 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-20-015)
AIDS Application Due Date: July, 28, 2020
- Partnerships for Countermeasures against Select Pathogens
(R01 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-20-028)
Application Receipt Date: June 29, 2020
- Defining Lineage Plasticity and Endogenous Regeneration Capacity of Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Tissues
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-DE-20-006) and
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-DE-20-007)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 8, 2020
- Core Infrastructure Support for Cancer Epidemiology Cohorts
(U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-20-136)
Application Receipt Dates: April 7, 2020; November 9, 2020; and more
- Investigator Initiated Extended Clinical Trial
(R01 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-20-139)
Application Receipt Dates: May 13, 2020; September 13, 2020; and more
- Research Projects to Enhance Applicability of Mammalian Models for Translational Research
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-20-131)
Application Receipt Dates: Standard dates apply.
- In-Depth Phenotyping and Research Using IMPC-Generated Knockout Mouse Strains Exhibiting Embryonic or Perinatal Lethality or Subviability
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-20-137)
Application Receipt Dates: June 5, 2020 (new) and July 5, 2020 (renewal, resubmission, revision); and more
Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Emergency Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Awards
(Emergency Supplement - Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-20-135)
See the Emergency Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) for any applicable Application Due Dates.
- Notice of Special Interest: Digital Technology for Early Detection of Alzheimers Disease and Related Dementias (NOT-AG-20-017)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Advancing Head and Neck Cancer Early Detection Research (AHEAD) (NOT-CA-20-031)
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Sexual & Gender Minority Research Office Request for Nominations for 2020 SGM Research Investigator Awards Program (NOT-OD-20-078)
Nominations due by May 1, 2020.
- Request for Information: Challenges and Opportunities in Understanding Cellular Senescence and Senolytics (NOT-RM-20-014)