COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Funding news for global health researchers March 23, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH News
Important funding and news from NIH and HHS.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and other foreign components may apply.
- Formative and Pilot Intervention Research for Prevention and Treatment of HIV/AIDS
(R34 Clinical Trial Optional) (PA-20-141)
Application Receipt Dates: Standard AIDS dates apply.
- Catalytic Tool and Technology Development in Kidney, Urologic, and Hematologic Diseases
(R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-20-140)
Application Receipt Dates: Standard dates apply.
- Research to Reduce Morbidity and Improve Care for Pediatric, and Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Survivors
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-20-027)
(R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-20-028)
Application Receipt Dates: July 31, 2020; July 30, 2021
- Genomic Predictors of Pregnancy Loss
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-HD-21-005)
Application Receipt Date: July 30, 2020
- Novel Synthetic Nucleic Acid Technology Development
(R01 Clinical Trial not allowed) (RFA-HG-20-014)
(R21 Clinical Trial not allowed) (RFA-HG-20-015)
(R43/R44 Clinical Trial not allowed) (RFA-HG-20-016)
Application Receipt Dates: June 24, 2020; February 1, 2021; October 1, 2021; June 24, 2022
Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest: Alcohol and Cancer Control (NOT-CA-20-034)
- Notice of Special Interest to Highlight High Priority Opportunities for Intervention Development Research in Geriatric Mental Health (NOT-MH-20-027)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS and Drug Use Research (DP1, Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-DA-20-044)
- Notice of Information: Leveraging STRIDES for Cloud Computing Activities in Common Fund Awards (NOT-RM-20-009)
- Request for Information: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) Strategic Plan (NOT-DK-20-015)
Submit responses by May 18, 2020.