COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers May 25, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
COVID-19 Grants and Funding News
Important news from NIH for grantees and grant applicants on the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Grand Challenges Africa, a program of the African Academy of Sciences, has issued a call for proposals to support
Transition to Scale for Innovations. This call is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
Application deadline: June 30, 2020
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Development and Preliminary Testing of Health-related Behavioral Interventions (NOT-OD-20-106)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Improving Outcomes for Disorders of Human Communication (NOT-DC-20-007) from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Input on Improvements to the Illuminating the Druggable Genome (IDG) Programs Digital Resources (NOT-RM-20-018)
NIH is seeking input from national and international experts and interested members of the public.
Response Date: July 20, 2020
- Request for Information: Use of Cloud Resources and New File Formats for Sequence Read Archive Data (NOT-OD-20-108)
Response Date: July 17, 2020
- Notice of Update to the Reporting Period of the Annual Report to OLAW (NOT-OD-20-109)
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowships
Application deadline for Japanese Postdoctoral Fellowships at NIH: May 29, 2020
Application deadline for short-term U.S. Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japan: October 1, 2020
Strengthening Institutional Capacity to Conduct Global Cancer Research in LMICs
Application deadline: July 24, 2020
International Bioethics Training
UPDATED application deadline: August 4, 2020
HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions
Application deadline: August 20, 2020
Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in LMICs
Application deadline: September 24, 2020
AIDS application deadline: December 3, 2020
Global Infectious Disease Research Training
Application deadline: October 28, 2020
Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 4, 2020
Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: November 12, 2020
Upcoming deadlines for all Fogarty funding opportunities