COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
COVID-19 public health info from US CDC | COVID-19 research info from the US NIH | COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers June 22, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
COVID-19 Grants and Funding News
Important news from NIH for grantees and grant applicants on the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) in Research on Risk and Prevention of Black Youth Suicide (NOT-MH-20-055)
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Approaches to Advance Gender Equity From Around the Globe from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Evidence for Action (E4A) program, aims to translate and adapt knowledge from around the world to the U.S. to improve health or the determinants of health by improving gender equity. Research projects should reflect collaborations between U.S.- and non-U.S.-based organizations.
Application Deadline: August 26, 2020
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Reminder of Upcoming FORMS-F and Inclusion Across the Lifespan Requirements for NIH Applicants and Recipients Submitting Post-Submission Updates Using the Human Subjects System (HSS) (NOT-OD-20-125)
- NIH Summary Statement Available to the Signing Officials (SO) through the eRA Commons (NOT-OD-20-126)
- Request for Information (RFI): Enhancing Rigor, Transparency, and Translatability to Improve Biomedical Research Involving Animal Models (NOT-OD-20-130)
- Request for Information: Challenges and Opportunities in Improving our Understanding of Transposable Elements and Somatic Mosaicism (NOT-RM-20-020)
Strengthening Institutional Capacity to Conduct Global Cancer Research in LMICs
Application deadline: July 24, 2020
International Bioethics Training
UPDATED application deadline: August 4, 2020
Global Infectious Disease Research Training
D43 application deadline: August 14, 2020
D71 application deadline: October 28, 2020
HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions
Application deadline: August 20, 2020
Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in LMICs
Application deadline: September 24, 2020
AIDS application deadline: December 3, 2020
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) short-term U.S. Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japan
Application deadline: October 1, 2020
Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 4, 2020
Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: November 12, 2020
Upcoming deadlines for all Fogarty funding opportunities