COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
COVID-19 public health info from US CDC | COVID-19 research info from the US NIH | COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers October 26, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Emory Global Health Institute will host the
International Emory Global Health Case Competition March 13-21, 2021. Applications are now open for teams from universities around the world to apply to participate.
Application deadline: November 16, 2020.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for NOT-LM-20-015, "Request for Information (RFI): Strategic Opportunities and Challenges for the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health" (NOT-LM-21-002)
New Response Date: November 2, 2020
- Notice Announcing Availability of Data Harmonization Tools for Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) via the PhenX Toolkit (NOT-MD-21-003)
- Exceptions to Use of a Single IRB During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (NOT-OD-21-006)
- Notice of Clarification: Policy for Managing Conflict of Interest in NIH Peer Review (NOT-OD-21-019)
Global Infectious Disease Research Training
D71 application deadline: October 28, 2020
Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 4, 2020
Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: November 12, 2020
Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training (NCD-Lifespan)
D43 application deadline: November 13, 2020
Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Initiative (EEID)
Application deadline: November 18, 2020
Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa):
Research Training Program due date: November 24, 2020
Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications Research due date: December 1, 2020
Open Data Science Platform and Coordinating Center due date: December 3, 2020
Research Hubs non-AIDS application due date: December 8, 2020
Research Hubs AIDS application due date: February 8, 2021
HIV-associated Noncommunicable Diseases Research at LMIC Institutions
Application deadline: December 3, 2020
Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in LMICs
AIDS application deadline: December 3, 2020
Upcoming deadlines for all Fogarty funding opportunities