COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers February 22, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Fogarty Global Trauma and Injury Research Training Program (D43 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-TW-21-003)
issued by Fogarty in collaboration NIH partners the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) and the NIH Office of Research on Women's Health.
Application Receipt Date: April 16, 2021
More information about Fogarty's Global Trauma and Injury Research Training program.
Cancer Prevention, Detection, Diagnosis, and Treatment Technologies for Global Health (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-CA-21-030) from NIH's National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Application Receipt Date: June 2, 2021
The National Cancer Institute’s Center for Global Health will host a webinar to address frequently asked questions about this funding opportunity on Thursday, February 25, 2021. Access details from NCI to access the webinar.
Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D43 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-21-120)
Application Receipt Dates: August 3 2021, August 3, 2022, August 3,2023
More about Fogarty's Global Infectious Disease (GID) Research Training program.
NIH and FDA funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Innovation for Tuberculosis Vaccine Discovery (ITVD) (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AI-21-007)
Application Receipt Date: June 30, 2021
- Dermal Physiologically-based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Models Accounting for the Absorption and Evaporation of Vehicle/Co-solvent following the Application of Generic Dermatological Products (U01) Clinical Trial Optional (RFA-FD-21-019)
Application Receipt Date: April 22, 2021
- Efficient and Innovative Natural History Studies Addressing Unmet Needs in Rare Diseases (R01 Clinical Trials Not Required) (RFA-FD-22-001)
Application Receipt Dates: February 15, 2022; February 13, 2024
- Tobacco Regulatory Science (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-OD-21-002)
Application Receipt Dates: July 14, 2021, February 15, 2022, July 14, 2022, February 14, 2023
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Research Service Award (NRSA) F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship Applications from Individuals from Diverse Backgrounds, Including Under-Represented Minorities (NOT-EY-21-001), issued by NIH's National Eye Institute (NEI) and National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
Note: An individual may request support for training abroad.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Reminder: NIH Natural Disaster Policy Winter Storms (NOT-OD-21-067)